Capitol Armory ad

Gander Mountain....Let the games begin...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Is there such a thing as "unofficially closing"?

You have to wait 38 posts to make it official... :)

Looks like they are giving "it" a try...
    http://www.gandermountain.com/?cID=YM

I would imagine there might be a firearm or two that would drop into a decent price range after a 15% discount...maybe...kinda...sorta. States that clearance is excluded; but some of the sale stuff in apparel and footwear might work with an extra 15% off.

Promo runs through the 25th according to the email.
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Ha, even when closing their sales still suck. Pretty much like the shit deals from Sports Authority when they were closing down. Prices were still outrageous.

Raising_Canine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2017
    China Spring, TX
    I spent some time in Waco a few months ago and the Gander Mountain there was a ghost town. I was staying at the new hotel in the same parking lot and visited the store to walk around and check things out several times. The most customers at one time that I saw was 3. It was literally me, another guy I met from Hill County (he wasn't buying anything), and a woman with two kids looking at camping gear. I thought it was just slow that week, but the counter guy that was showing me a Sig 716 said that it is always dead. Wasn't surprised to hear about the BK.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Posted all over the gun counter at the 290/6 location.

IMG_2907.jpg

Jwr1221

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Well, that's just rude! :) I would occasionally drop into the 290/6 location to window shop and rummage through the clothing clearance racks...

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    stopped by the Killeen location on Thursday. First time ever in a Gander Mtn.. and last. What a joke. 10% off ammo and was still wildly expensive

Sent from my Sig Sauer

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Looks like they are giving "it" a try...
    http://www.gandermountain.com/?cID=YM

I would imagine there might be a firearm or two that would drop into a decent price range after a 15% discount...maybe...kinda...sorta. States that clearance is excluded; but some of the sale stuff in apparel and footwear might work with an extra 15% off.

Promo runs through the 25th according to the email.
    So get this BS... I goto the Round Rock store yesterday with the Mar15 coupon and they say that since the store is already discounting everything they won't take the coupon. The "closing discount" is currently only 10% off on most things, 30% on a few things like coats, and doesn't include firearms and ammo...

I have a Gander credit card that gives reward points. I just pay all my bills with it and every month end up with a $20 gift receipt. It's really the only reason I shop there. I had previously saved up my reward points and gotten a 10/22 for about $50. Nice deal really.

The expiration on those gift receipts had been a year from the issue date for the last few years, but come to find out that they changed it to 6mo! I have gift receipts that say they don't expire for a couple more months, but they are no longer valid because they just changed the terms on a whim. **** them... I hope they all die of anal leakage.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Have not heard any information concerning the Lubbock store. Wouldn't be a big surprise or, frankly a great loss, if it were to close. Overpriced, marginal service at best. More times than not Employee's cars out number customer vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Store closing sale.

Top Bottom