• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    im not saying more laws, im saying upholding what is already there. i mean if we have unenforceable laws what good are they to have on the books? that is my total and complete drift. so either make them enforceable or dont make it to where it is needed. the overall question is why do they solely do it for firearms purchases and not ammo when it specifically states both are prohibited. i mean do they check your background for something besides being a felon and those 6 to 8 other things? if not then it seems pointless to check for being a felon if they will allow felons to buy straight up without being carded yet if i want to go buy some alcohol ill get worked over by the law because i merely tried. i could care less about a wait period and i dont think there should be ANY laws concerning guns but since we do have them i say uphold what is there and dont bastardize what has been put in place. i say there should be no wait period and am glad there isnt, when i go get my stuff i make sure to put all my info cause i want to get outta that place as quick is possible so i can shoot but if there is a hitch on a person getting a gun, i wonder why there is a wait? i could also care less if someone has a fully automatic or a .22 pellet that is their own business but if someone tries to mess with what i own, well then the right to self defense comes into action and well a sabot shall be coming their way.

i shall say that is the first time ive ever been told i have a liberal outlook. it was funny to read that but then i guess im not as far leaning as some people are, or maybe in reading what i actually put people do not get what im trying to convey. it happens, and it is not just because i do not type as some people would say, "correctly." but hey i do not mind you saying you hope i dont get into a position of power, power corrupts and i really dont care for power anyways. i just want to live my life how i should, which is determined solely by myself. if i have to be regulated by the govt though i want CONTINUITY otherwise people getting off for being 'mentally insane' after they murder 20 people then becomes allowed.

if there is no continuity there is only hypocrisy.
    and bring on the flack from all the other 5000 members in this group thinking what im putting is liberal stuff when it isnt, just gotta read between the lines.
    Hurley's Gold

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Maybe I was a bit harsh. I'm thinking that we are not at all understanding what you are trying to say, and I think I get it now. But to answer your question, the law regarding a felon buying ammo is more towards if they get caught doing something stupid again there is another charge that can land them back in the prison. But it is ridiculous to card someone that is obviously over 21 ( and trust me you can tell by looking at Hoji that he is of legal age for ammo purchase) and then argue the mater with them calling it "federal law" when the person they are talking to knows better. And then when you prove that you know better they get pissed off. Now I worked at a WM when I was younger and you don't get removed from departments for just one incident, there were probably multiple incidents with this guy being a PITA with customers before Hoji had an issue and the his issue proved to be the last straw.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    ahh well i havent seen anyone, i mean i wouldnt mind joining some group shoots or whatnot. but i was just reading the atf website about being in the possesion or buying ammo or firearms and i saw that, but it looked like (to me) that we check solely on guns but turn a blind eye to ammo. and so that is what just startled me about the whole situation, and the law is what i have a problem with moreso in it stating one thing but in practice doing something completely opposite.

the guy was prolly a pain in the arse, many people are. i choose to let what they say roll off my back like a goose does with rain. it helps the goose get clean anyways. i had a flock of 7 at my dad's ranch, they all died from either chasing our vehicles "to protect the only female of the bunch" or by a owl that had like a 4 to 5 ft wingspan. their eggs are amazing for omelettes though.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Maybe I was a bit harsh. I'm thinking that we are not at all understanding what you are trying to say, and I think I get it now. But to answer your question, the law regarding a felon buying ammo is more towards if they get caught doing something stupid again there is another charge that can land them back in the prison. But it is ridiculous to card someone that is obviously over 21 ( and trust me you can tell by looking at Hoji that he is of legal age for ammo purchase) and then argue the mater with them calling it "federal law" when the person they are talking to knows better. And then when you prove that you know better they get pissed off. Now I worked at a WM when I was younger and you don't get removed from departments for just one incident, there were probably multiple incidents with this guy being a PITA with customers before Hoji had an issue and the his issue proved to be the last straw.

You sayin I'm old? J/K Hell I have tattoos that are old enough to buy beer

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Kinda off topic but not really. I've heard a fellon can have weapon for home defense but how does said fellon get ammo for the weapon?

Guitpicky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    I.D. for what?

""WHAT IS WRONG WITH PULLING OUT AN ID? ""

Let me tell you. As purchasing and owning a firearm becomes increasingly difficult, it would be an easy task for the ATF or whoever to track ammunition sales through I.D checks. You want them knocking on your door, confiscating whatever is deemed illegal by the folks that are (and should be ) afraid of an armed population? In my opinion, gangbangers are not clearing the shelves, freedom loving Americans are. Hmm...

I was busted in 1978 on a pot charge. Convicted as a felon on probation violation later. It took me over 1 year to petition for rights restoration 25 years after the event, the whole time with no more offenses. I was a dumb kid. Rights restoration does not include gun rights. The American judicial system may forget, but it NEVER forgives. Harsh? Unfair? Maybe. Stupid? No.

Every American should spend some time in jail, and the way things are going, they likely will

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    What we REALLY need is for the United States Congress to understand that they are in charge of a Constitutionally Limited Government and they have no right to restrict ANYONE from keeping and bearing arms, of any kind. Screw checking IDs, the whole premise upon which firearms laws have been based is unconstitutional. What a bunch of Kool-Aide drinking libtards apparently don't understand is criminals will ALWAYS have all the guns and ammo they want. Might just as well face reality and let anyone who wants to pay for a gun or ammo buy it legally, then the only reason to break into our houses and steal firearms would be for a price reduction.

Top Bottom