• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Probably not a better time of the year than upcoming Black Friday to shop for tool chests. I got a sweet deal on a Craftsman Professional set at Sears Outlet. Super high quality--not that thin stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I'm looking for something about this size

View attachment 125033

I like the big open top portion that I can lock up my rechargable power tools and batteries.
    Some of these have power strips in the top to run chargers which is nice

This box is one of the best deals in the <$1000 price range.

Smartly designed, big enough for most of what most people have and need, and historically <$700 before a Home Depot 10% military discount me out the door at a great price.

They don’t ship a whole lot to any one store, so when they show up, buy them.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    When you buy a Craftsman or about any other brand except Snap-On or Matco and load abt 200 lbs of wrenches in a drawer you will discover why the difference in price very quickly. If you never load it up anything will work.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    ill still stand by my Harbor Freight cheapy and its got loads of crap in each drawer they open and close smooth.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Problem solved.
    With my military discount it was well under $500 out the door
    20171113_153834.jpg

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I need a new toolbox. No budget though :(

I have been using the same Craftsman since 2005 when I left Sears Auto Center. Discounts were huge for employees...

unfortunately it's not wide enough to fit my HF 25" breaker bar

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I've had the same craftsman since 1992
    It was time for an upgrade

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    My opinion on toolboxes is that most companies make or carry different grades of boxes. Understand what you're getting and play with it first.

I sold my cheap craftsman box because it was a piece of junk and the harbor freight one was much, much, much better. Then I got a nicer craftsman box with the upgraded drawers like the one I got from HF plus a few more options and a bit bigger too. Sold the other no name box so for now I'm happy with my craftsman and harbor freight boxes.
    IMG_20171113_173139.jpg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I know they used to make good tools
    Sears will be out of business soon and that name will just continue to be sold off
    Just for info, craftsman tools are still made by the manufacturer sears always used. They can be found at true value stores who still honor the lifetime warranty. Sears has sold or will be selling the rights to the craftsman name and manufacturers to raise money. They will then be just a store that sells craftsman stuff till they go under.

I have craftsman tool boxes and tools and have only bought craftsman stuff for 30 years. Never once had an issue unless I misused them and even then they just replaced the tool.

Opinions are like arsholes, everyone has one and sometimes they stink. However the one giving the opinion thinks theirs smell like roses.

I'm not quite so bad as mine merely smell shower fresh.

Oh, ymmv.

While sears has a couple levels of tool boxes with decent quality I have to say if I were to buy a new tool box I would buy Kobalt from lowes. They seem to be of excellent quality with lots of options and configurations. Most importantly they are an outstanding value compared to other vendors.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Just for info, craftsman tools are still made by the manufacturer sears always used. They can be found at true value stores who still honor the lifetime warranty. Sears has sold or will be selling the rights to the craftsman name and manufacturers to raise money. They will then be just a store that sells craftsman stuff till they go under.

So they've always used offshore manufacturers?

http://mypbrand.com/2013/03/27/craftsman-made-in-the-usa-manufactured-in-china/

And why has Stanley pledged to bring much of Craftsman tool production back to the US?

http://toolguyd.com/stanley-black-decker-pledges-to-bring-craftsman-tool-production-back-to-usa/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Thank Goodness I live next to a military base. You can buy Proto for less then craftsman. Proto is the top of the line. Reportedly tested and certified above Snap-On. Most of it is military contract tools. How it ends up walking off base, the pawn shop doesn't care.

Proto and S.K. by the pound. They actually have sales like that. Tools by the pound. Extremely expensive, real deal, American made Proto. SK tools are also here and there.

For $300-$400, you can buy set of Snap-On sockets. Used they run upwards of around $250+. 8mm to 19mm sets. A set of government surplus Proto is 1/3rd that.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    stumbled across these, seem to be pretty popular. plan to do the same, though I don't think i can swing 2 of those chests, especially for storage and non-daily use. shopping for something similar but less expensive.

will probably laminate a bunch of 2x4s and make a cool 10' bench or something.

I use a HEAVY stainles steel cart for reloading, I may end up ditching it in favor of this setup at one end....
    ffa3a9cfb71e21026894ff9ff424db6a.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Top Bottom