• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    When you buy a Craftsman or about any other brand except Snap-On or Matco and load abt 200 lbs of wrenches in a drawer you will discover why the difference in price very quickly. If you never load it up anything will work.

Agreed, people generally don't pay attention to the advertised weight rating with tool boxes.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i should be picking up 2 40" husky stainless chests tomorrow. new garage, new system!

my 12 year old craftsman will be sold, along with 3 Whalen Step Beam 5-Tier shelves that I got at costco about 6 years ago. Finally getting the clutter cleared up.

My original plan is to sell off the top portion of the stainless chests, and build a workbench that spans across the 2 bottom chests with a gap in the middle for a stool.

I may keep 1 of the upper chests. I dunno. Kinda want to puy up stainless wall cabinets instead. Only bummer is the wall it's going against has my breaker box and irrigation system on the wall already
    482bab72b9903b11702c8dfae49a447a.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    I have a 72” US General from Harbor Freight. When I was shopping, it was by far the best value. (There is a limited selection when you are looking at boxes this big). It was a very good middle-of-the-road solution for me.

https://m.harborfreight.com/tool-st...ossy-red-industrial-roller-cabinet-61656.html

It came in a crate, and was about 640lbs ship weight, and specs show it as 528 lbs on the floor. Dad helped me unpack it, I’m sure it would have been a comedy show to watch.

Some were flimsy, and of course, I looked at used SnapOn, Mac, Matco, Kennedy, Cornwell, etc. I also looked at Waterloo and Homak (I nearly bought the Homak H2Pro). They all had pros and cons.

debc8d3937119b0ee3a07cf319f3d909.jpg

That’s a 52” wide drawer for reference

It is pretty much full, and I only put about 50% of my tools in it.

I’m hoping they come up with a 72” upper chest soon, else I’ll be buying a 56”, and adding a drawer section on either side.

I’ve accumulated tools over the years, working on truck and hotrod projects. Currently finishing up a 76 Bronco.

All my construction tools, are in other (portable)tool storage systems. I’m an electrician by trade.

If I were working out of the box every day, and earning my living with it, I would have spent the money on a premium chest. I’m just a weekend mechanic, and as much as I lust after premium tools, I just couldn’t justify the cost.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I have a 72” US General from Harbor Freight. When I was shopping, it was by far the best value. (There is a limited selection when you are looking at boxes this big). It was a very good middle-of-the-road solution for me.

https://m.harborfreight.com/tool-st...ossy-red-industrial-roller-cabinet-61656.html

It came in a crate, and was about 640lbs ship weight, and specs show it as 528 lbs on the floor. Dad helped me unpack it, I’m sure it would have been a comedy show to watch.

Some were flimsy, and of course, I looked at used SnapOn, Mac, Matco, Kennedy, Cornwell, etc. I also looked at Waterloo and Homak (I nearly bought the Homak H2Pro). They all had pros and cons.

View attachment 126284

That’s a 52” wide drawer for reference

It is pretty much full, and I only put about 50% of my tools in it.

I’m hoping they come up with a 72” upper chest soon, else I’ll be buying a 56”, and adding a drawer section on either side.

I’ve accumulated tools over the years, working on truck and hotrod projects. Currently finishing up a 76 Bronco.

All my construction tools, are in other (portable)tool storage systems. I’m an electrician by trade.

If I were working out of the box every day, and earning my living with it, I would have spent the money on a premium chest. I’m just a weekend mechanic, and as much as I lust after premium tools, I just couldn’t justify the cost.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
    I've got a pair of 40".upper chests in stainless... NIB

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Top Bottom