• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Brooks lost my respect when he started screwing around with Trisha Yearwood and left his wife for her. Tim McGraw lost my respect when he and Kenny Chesney stole a police horse and assaulted a cop, then used their celebrity status to weasel out of the mess.

Not a lot of country singers I care for anymore - Gentleman George is still good, but I find myself gravitating to the Outlaw artists like Jamey Johnson, Cody Jinx, Stirgil Simpson and Hank III. The crap they call "country" music today is Pop music that *sometimes* has a steel guitar added to the melody.
    I just dont listen to really anything "country" after the mid 00's. Not into the white chocolate tractor rap bullshit or the luke bryan painted on skinny jeans garbage
    Guns International

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I just dont listen to really anything "country" after the mid 00's. Not into the white chocolate tractor rap bullshit or the luke bryan painted on skinny jeans garbage

You need to check out some Texas/Red Dirt stuff. Thats the good country.

Heres a couple to get you started

Hayes Carl
    Jason Boland & The Straglers
    Turnpike Troubadours
    Eleven Hundred Springs
    Jody Booth
    Josh Ward
    Whiskey Myers

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Have you listened to Cody Jinks?

Hayes Carl
    Turnpike Troubadours
    Eleven Hundred Springs
    Jody Booth
    Josh Ward
    Whiskey Myers
    I do listen to Cody Jinks and Whiskey Myers. I just like old country I guess. Mostly stuff from the 70-90s

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Brooks is a lefty and has been for a long time. This doesn't surprise me at all.

If you look like this, idgaf what you think about anything let alone politics
    View attachment 241397

OK to be fair, Chris Gaines is a fictional alter ego he made up for that one album. Outside of that album, I don't think he normally dresses like that.

On the topic of country I have a hard time liking almost anything out of Nashville these days. Midland, Chris Stapleton, Jon Pardi, Carly Pearce and Lee Brice are pretty good IMO. But there's so much garbage too that it's hard to stomach.

Getting away from Nashville, there are a ton of good, lesser known artists out there. And they're easier to find than ever thanks to YouTube, Pandora and Spotify.

I swear though if I hear Dan & Shay one more time on a country station I'm going to shoot my radio. OK not really because it's guaranteed I will hear them again on the radio. Ugh.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Hayes Carl
    Turnpike Troubadours
    Eleven Hundred Springs
    Jody Booth
    Josh Ward
    Whiskey Myers

+ Bleu Edmondson and Old 97s to that list. Their lead, Rex Miller, has done some solo stuff as well, but the sum of the total is greater than the parts.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    In case there is anyone who still listens to Garth Brooks music, remind them that a few years ago he said Obama was the greatest U.S. president and refused to play at the Trump White House but will be entertaining for Biden.

Just another Alyssa Milano in a cowboy hat
    Jesus christ. At some point people are gonna run outta shit to boycott.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    + Bleu Edmondson and Old 97s to that list. Their lead, Rex Miller, has done some solo stuff as well, but the sum of the total is greater than the parts.

Ohh...we could get a hell of a list. We've just scratched the surface.

Max Stalling
    Stoney Larue
    Jamey Johnson
    Flatland Calvary
    Shane Smith & the Saints
    Wade Bowen

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Brooks is a lefty and has been for a long time. This doesn't surprise me at all.

OK to be fair, Chris Gaines is a fictional alter ego he made up for that one album. Outside of that album, I don't think he normally dresses like that.

On the topic of country I have a hard time liking almost anything out of Nashville these days. Midland, Chris Stapleton, Jon Pardi, Carly Pearce and Lee Brice are pretty good IMO. But there's so much garbage too that it's hard to stomach.

Getting away from Nashville, there are a ton of good, lesser known artists out there. And they're easier to find than ever thanks to YouTube, Pandora and Spotify.

I swear though if I hear Dan & Shay one more time on a country station I'm going to shoot my radio. OK not really because it's guaranteed I will hear them again on the radio. Ugh.
    Chris Stapleton, or the Steeldrivers are good.
    (Not all country)
    Tyler Childers, the dead south, crooked still, william elliott whitmore, poor man's poison
    Top artists on my Pandora.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

Hayes Carl
    Turnpike Troubadours
    Eleven Hundred Springs
    Jody Booth
    Josh Ward
    Whiskey Myers
    Thanks, EZ-E, I have been trying to find the song "before the devil knows we're dead" for nearly three years now. I was coming back from south Texas about 0100 in the middle of nowhere (Brady to Santa Ana) and heard that song. I ended up listening to that station until it faded. Now, I am need more red dirt music. The rest of my trip, I went back to the Leningrad Cowboys concert. ZZ Top's "Gimme All Your Lovin" sung by a finnish group backed up by the Red Army Choir in Helsinki is different.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you want a little more edge check out Jackson Taylor.

Creed Fisher is really good also, with a more traditional style for most of his music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom