Gas Mask

kirk10100

Dec 21, 2011
El Paso
I have most of the basics to to bug in for several weeks. This includes water, food, ammo & a few other goodies. I got to thinking that a gas mask would be a good idea to have. I've looked online and saw several options. Israeli civilian and Finnish gas masks seem to be fairly common along with Russian masks.
Any reccomenations on a gas mask? Does anyone know if the filters have a shelf life?

Gun Show Podcast

Sep 14, 2013
For true NBC (nuclear biological and chemical) use, stay away from surplus masks. The surplus masks probably work great for tear and CS gas.

If you want/need true NBC capability buy a MSA, Avon or 3M mask from Grainger rated for whatever threat you may face.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Filters can be damaged.

None will protect you from nuclear. Radiation can't be filtered that way. Your looking at bio and Chem protection. It comes down to how small of a particle the filter can remove. I think the US milspec filters have charcoal also but I can't remember for sure.

Should be able to get the specs and match them.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
Jul 11, 2009
East Houston
I have no intention of surviving a gas or nuclear attack and prepared instead to survive long enough to put up a damned good fight.

Flash

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2012
Central Texas
The way I figured it is if you get a mask with canisters that can survive blood/nerve agents, its good for pretty much anything else you throw at it.

Imran574

BANNED!!!
Dec 2, 2013
Gas mask is to protect from the pollutants and toxic gases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom