• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Jumped from $4.19 to $4.29 for 87 octane E10 here. Some places have 91 for over $5. Both my GMCs take premium.
    Is the premium recommended, or is it required? Thought most modern cars had knock sensors that retard the timing and allows lower octane to be run. You might get away with running regular, but at a slight performance hit. Wife’s CX9 is that way.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Is the premium recommended, or is it required? Thought most modern cars had knock sensors that retard the timing and allows lower octane to be run. You might get away with running regular, but at a slight performance hit. Wife’s CX9 is that way.
    They both have tunes. The 6.0 Denali has done 14.87 @ 91 MPH with only a tune, cold air, and e-fans. I put 87 in last month and my wife told it was making a clattering noise. $2 per $90 tank of fuel isn't the problem. The $90 tank of fuel is.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    5/19/2022

The average national retail price for a gallon of regular gasoline is projected to surpass $6 by the end of summer, according to a recent JPMorgan research note.

:mad: Let's hope FJB doesn't take us there.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    $4.35 a gallon for regular unleaded around here. The last time I got fuel, I paid $3.69 a gallon. Glad I only drive about 10 miles a day if I even go any place.
    The tags have been out on my Power Wagon since March, at 8-10 mpg, it'll just stay parked until this crap ends and prices come back down.

Top Bottom