Gonzales, Texas
    20220520_133114.jpg

Filled up my pickup today at $5.19 for diesel

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    $4.39 nearest me, $4.19 in Hondo and Uvalde.

I suppose I'm blessed to not have to go anywhere very often and to not want to go anywhere very often...

My vehicle gets a bit over 20mph and last year I put 6000 miles on it, but that included thrice weekly 120 mile round trips for rehab for a couple months. I figure I will only do 4000 miles this year, but even if I do 6000 and gas goes to $6/gal, that figures to about $1800 for the year max.

I won't like it, but I can handle that cost. I feel sorry for those who must travel large distances daily out of necessity.

The real hit to me will come through fuel costs passed through on everything else I buy.

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Wonder when we will start seeing a rash of punctured gas tanks to compliment the cat converter thefts...

I also wonder when we will start seeing more creative ways of fuel theft like the attached

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Wonder when we will start seeing a rash of punctured gas tanks to compliment the cat converter thefts...

I also wonder when we will start seeing more creative ways of fuel theft like the attached

Back when it was nasty in the 2000's - we towed a lot of vehicles for punched fuel tanks, cut fuel lines - whatever the thieves had to do to steal gas. One church bus got towed 3X. Finally the body shop that kept repairing it welded steel plate all around the fuel lines and the fuel tank. Made the bus a lot heavier, but stopped the fuel theft.

I remember diesel pushing $5.50 / gal back then - its way over that now in a lot of places. We were charging $20 fuel surcharges on every service call we ran, and started charging response miles for services more than ten miles from our shop.

Every child-sniffing apologist who kept blathering about how Biden's policies weren't effecting oil prices deserves this shit - the rest of us don't.
    That dementia ridden waste of air is royally phucking us.

Resolution or revolution.

Revolution may be the only resolution we have left.

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    you’r preaching to the choir

“And when it comes to the gas prices, we're going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it's over, we'll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over.”

Sleepy Joe Bidon

Top Bottom