• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DopaVash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Kingwood, Tx
    Capt. Rick Mathwig of the Roseville Police Department said authorities advise people not to take action when faced with a robbery.
    "When you start resisting at some way shape or form, the suspect who may not have intended on using the weapon that he or she came with may use it intentionally or unintentionally when faced with a conflict," he said.

Should I ever get the chance, I will spit in this man's face. That's right, lay down, don't protect yourself, don't arm yourself, just let them run a muck. Makes me sick...

zaraster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Ennis
    The more the victims of crime lay down the more the criminal will expect others to lie down before them. In England you are breaking the law if you defend your self I
    Read recently about a man attacked in his home and took the gun away from his attacker and shot him. He was jailed and charged with assault.
    I feel that when a person breaks the law and threatens another person they should be prepared to face what ever force is used on them and the victim should be free to use any force they need to with out any reprisal.
    I also feel that the company should be held liable if any employee is hurt or killed while the current policy is in place

DopaVash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Kingwood, Tx
    I Read recently about a man attacked in his home and took the gun away from his attacker and shot him. He was jailed and charged with assault.

Perhaps it's the same story, but I've read about, watched a story on Youtube about a man in England that had similar circumstances. He killed an intruder, one of two, and was sent to jail for murder, while the other was let out of jail a short time later. Sad days.

Bob Loblaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    Perhaps it's the same story, but I've read about, watched a story on Youtube about a man in England that had similar circumstances. He killed an intruder, one of two, and was sent to jail for murder, while the other was let out of jail a short time later. Sad days.
    and the perp received government funding to hire an attorney to file suit against the victim.

crossfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Why doesn't Marathon Oil, SuperAmerica and the Rosedale police force run a big, full-page spread in the area newspapers and adds on TV that say:

"We protect the lives of the criminal and their right to pursue illegal activities. You may rob us at will; our employees are under orders not to confront you and risk losing their jobs if they do so. If any of our employees do inhibit your ability to rob us, please let us know so they can be terminated immediately. Rest assured that the local police department fully supports our policy."

Maybe someone should run it for them?

Moe Howard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    It is too bad, but this is the case more times than not. Way too many employers and LEA want you to lay there and hope the BG doesn't do anything to you, just lay there and let them do whatever they want. John Stossil did a report a few years ago and interviewed criminals in prison and asked what they most feared. Number 2 was resistance, and number 1 was armed resistance.
    Most places I have worked have lay down and die policies like this. However I have never had a job that was worth my life and I will protect myself if at all possible. My employer does not have a stated no guns policy so I don't ask don't tell.:D

Top Bottom