• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Seattle Starbucks USED to be a hangout for LEOs, before they told them they couldn't come in armed, which is why I haven't bought a Starbucks coffee in many years.

It was such a well known LE hangout that some asshole went in and shot five cops one morning. IDK how most Texicans feel about LEOs, but that just ain't right.
    Although I don't ever plan on buying coffee at Starbucks. I own some Carhartt clothing and they are sticking with the vaccine mandate, while Starbucks dropped it after the SCOTUS ruling. For that, I say good on them.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Although I don't ever plan on buying coffee at Starbucks. I own some Carhartt clothing and they are sticking with the vaccine mandate, while Starbucks dropped it after the SCOTUS ruling. For that, I say good on them.

I saw that on Glenn Beck... who'da thought Starbuck's board to be smarter than Carfartt.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I always thought Carhart was way over-priced and over-rated for what it was, work wear.

The double-placked (fronted) bib overalls lasted a long time... but maybe not $80 worth, and that was 20yrs ago... I wonder what the price is now!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I always thought Carhart was way over-priced and over-rated for what it was, work wear.
    Not that I'm defending Carhartt, but most things made in the U.S.A. compared to China seem overpriced. I wear their hoody most often in the winter, because it's thicker and better made than my Chinese made Harley hoody.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Not that I'm defending Carhartt, but most things made in the U.S.A. compared to China seem overpriced. I wear their hoody most often in the winter, because it's thicker and better made than my Chinese made Harley hoody.

Its amazing how much more stuff costs when produced in places with a minimum wage, even a low one like the fed minimum, vs the indentured-servant labor so many chinese factories use! How many US factories have had to put up suicide prevention netting on their buildings to catch people trying to leap to their deaths?

Some of the Chinesium stuff is made well - probably in factories where workers are actually paid a decent wage for their area - but a lot is junk (probably made in slave factories or by companies that just don't care)

We also get to subsidize Chinese shipping here to the states - seriously, how can I buy something on eBay from china for a couple bucks, then it gets shipped *from china* after I order it, and have "free" shipping - then it costs me $15 in shipping to buy something in Georgia and have it sent here to Texas. Easy - the Federal government subsidizes shipping for foreign interests, but not for American businesses.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    IMO, a lot of people I think wear Carhart as a fashion statement. Possibly because they think it's cool, or makes them appear to be outdoorsman type of person, or part of middle-class working people.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    IMO, a lot of people I think wear Carhart as a fashion statement. Possibly because they think it's cool, or makes them appear to be outdoorsman type of person, or part of middle-class working people.
    I wore Carhartt bib overalls in the 80's and 90's, not because they were fashionable, but because they held up better at work, were less susceptible to burns from welding than other clothing. In fact, I contacted Carhartt the old fashion way, by mail in the late 80's, on what I could do to keep them from burning more easily after washing. They sent back saying to use alum in the rinse cycle during washing. I actually can care less about fashion, and more concerned about function.

That hoody I mentioned earlier, I like that the zipper is metal and not plastic, and warmer than most other hoody's I found. That Harley hoody was a gift, so the cost was right, so I wear it when the weather is a bit warmer. Both hoody's costs were pretty comparable, maybe a few dollars one way or the other, but I can see that the Carhartt one is better made.

Top Bottom