Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    As some of you may remember, I was recently in the market for some 20 rd AK "Tanker" mags. Unable to find any at a good price, MMM linked me to an excellent article about chopping down 30 rounders to 20 rounders. My experiment was a success and now I'm kinda interested in seeing if there is a market for these.

How many people here would be interested in buying any? What do you think a good price would be? Since they are surplus, the magazines right now would cost about $13-$17 each. I'd also have to paint them as I do not want to lave exposed metal from the cuts I make. The work takes about 40 minutes. I should also mention my fake tanker ("Fanker") mags have something the originals do not- a last round bolt hold open. So it's nice that you can have a 20 round BHO without having to chop on your original collectibles.

What say you? A good product for a needy public? A boutiquey product for a niche market? An answer in search of a question? Let me know!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Here are some pics. Here it is compared to a standard steel 30 rounder and a Tapco 20 rounder. I have not painted it yet so it is still surplusy lookin':

SAM_5592.jpg

SAM_5593.jpg

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I can't say I'm not interested to see where this goes however I am just not interested in buying them as I have a good supply, but I could see some people being interested in having a few.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Doesn't seem like theres really any interest at all. Maybe I'll come back in a year or so after all the tanker mags have dried up and try this again.

Top Bottom