• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Sex education should be about making babies and STDs. This is social indoctrination and is an attempt to override the religious beliefs of the parents. The only reason it's so easy in Chicago is because most kids are from broken households.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    Whiskey Foxtrot Tango

I don't understand what is happening in this country. All I see is extreme left and progressive bullsh*t everywhere. I always grew up believeing in the "silent majority" which I understood to be conservatives. Where did they go, or was that a lie too? Perhaps they all lost their bàlls and ran away tails tucked, I don't know. But I, for one, am sick and tired of this cràp. Every day I read something where someone is trying to brainwash my beautiful children, or tell them things they have absolutely zero business knowing about. I promise the first person that "teaches" my 5 year old about sex, much less lifestyles in sex, will be the day I go to jail for assault like you've never seen. Raw hamburger and fine pink mist comes to mind....

All of this makes me want to pack up the family, move out into the country and home school. I guarantee they'll be smarter than any public school kid, and know the value of hard work and your word.

/endrant

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Fortunately, Chicago schools are closing down due to a lack of kids to teach. Seems a lot of people have left (fled?) the area leaving schools empty. Teachers have, of course, protested the changes despite a dearth of actual students.

However, forget the whole thing about homosexuality, teaching any "sex ed" in kindergarten is just dumb. Is there something wrong with letting them stay innocent for just a little while?

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Whiskey Foxtrot Tango

I don't understand what is happening in this country. All I see is extreme left and progressive bullsh*t everywhere. I always grew up believeing in the "silent majority" which I understood to be conservatives. Where did they go, or was that a lie too? Perhaps they all lost their bàlls and ran away tails tucked, I don't know. But I, for one, am sick and tired of this cràp. Every day I read something where someone is trying to brainwash my beautiful children, or tell them things they have absolutely zero business knowing about. I promise the first person that "teaches" my 5 year old about sex, much less lifestyles in sex, will be the day I go to jail for assault like you've never seen. Raw hamburger and fine pink mist comes to mind....

All of this makes me want to pack up the family, move out into the country and home school. I guarantee they'll be smarter than any public school kid, and know the value of hard work and your word.

/endrant

Ok, I hate to post a reply with a reply but you must have been posting this right as I was typing mine.

A lot of conservatives are not going to like this, but the fact is many of them just quit voting. Illinois residents love to bitch and moan about how no one represents them and that Cook County (Chicago) rolls over them. Same complaint in New York. Yet in the last election there were several articles about rural areas that don't really vote, don't contribute to campaigns, and just sort of sit around hoping people will leave them alone.

The re-election of Barack Obama should have sent up a signal that says to everyone "The future belongs to those who show up". I follow politics pretty closely and there has been a huge shift since 2004 over to the Dems. In the meantime, despite knowing that voter turnout is important, despite knowing about voter fraud heavily favoring Dems, despite knowing the media is incredibly biased, conservatives keep on the same message using the same tactics.

The silent majority became the non-participating majority. They found every reason in the world not to vote for Romney but complained when Obama won the election. Well? You can't have it both ways. I didn't like Romney either. He was not my third, fourth, or even fifth choice but I would have crawled over broken glass to vote for him if it meant getting Obama out of office. I am neither a conservative or a Republican. As an Independent I felt pretty betrayed that the Republicans didn't show at the last election. Remember, the Dem turnout was LOWER than 2008. Independents showed up and heavily favored Romney. Too bad the Repubs weren't there to back us up.

Someday people will realize elections have consequences and quit making excuses about why they don't vote.

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    Fortunately, Chicago schools are closing down due to a lack of kids to teach. Seems a lot of people have left (fled?) the area leaving schools empty. Teachers have, of course, protested the changes despite a dearth of actual students.

However, forget the whole thing about homosexuality, teaching any "sex ed" in kindergarten is just dumb. Is there something wrong with letting them stay innocent for just a little while?

Will Chicago be the next Detroit?

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    Some of you won't like this however, you conservative parents that send your kids to government schools are part of the problem. You have an awareness of the liberal agenda in the public schools and yet still send your kids there, naively thinking your school district is different. It is not. The few waking hours a day that you have with your kid is not enough to over ride 30 or more hours a week of government school input.

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    Some of us don't have the choice. Private school is expensive and so is home school. Before you start blaming people for things they can't counter perhaps you should consider the reason the kids are still there.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Will Chicago be the next Detroit?

I hope not. I travel there quite a bit. It's still a great city despite all the crime but the pension crisis is a real problem. The tech market is surprisingly strong but probably not enough to turn the local economy around. I love to visit but would never live there and definitely am selective of where I go after dark.

I've got some good co-workers and colleagues up there and they seem very resigned to how things are. I think that's sad that they just accept the decline and assume things have to be that way.

Some of you won't like this however, you conservative parents that send your kids to government schools are part of the problem. You have an awareness of the liberal agenda in the public schools and yet still send your kids there, naively thinking your school district is different. It is not. The few waking hours a day that you have with your kid is not enough to over ride 30 or more hours a week of government school input.

Almost true. My wife stays home and is with the kids far more than they are in school. We stay involved, talk to teachers, and we've added our voices to a few controversies in the local school system. Just some real stupid stuff that school administrators who don't live in the real world would think is acceptable. I won't go into detail, but the parents did get some bad policies overturned in our local school district.

It's not the public schools themselves that are the problem, it is the sense of resignation parents seem to have. Make some noise and do something other than just accept the schools somehow have more moral authority than yourself. Find out what the kids are learning and actually discuss it with them.

This doesn't always lead to fun conversations with the kiddos, but at least they understand our values and why and aren't afraid to question what they are taught sometimes.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Children are more easily persuaded than adults, teach enough of them what you believe and sooner or later you get your way. If you want to have voice in what your kids are taught, start at the school board. Most of them in my area have run unopposed for years.

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    CrazedJava, here is a little story told to me by an elementary school teacher; she said parents of Pre K and kindergartners were the "worst" in the sense of constantly contacting them with questions, concerns, complaints, etc. She said it is not so bad for other grades because the parents are "checked out" by fifth grade. This is from an affluent suburban DFW district not a poor urban one!

I applaud you and your wife for your efforts.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    THIS is why if you have kids, if possible, you should send them to a private and/or Christian school. Not only will they avoid immoral lies like this, but they will have a better education overall.

Might have to buy a smaller house or a new truck less often, but a Christian education can be attained and is affordable in most places.

If that's not an option, home schooling is a great option.

Either of these will make you sacrifice financially, but instead of doing the easy thing and sending kids to the local government indoctrination center, give them a good moral education. It way pay off for their whole lives.

Top Bottom