• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    OK I have a question for anyone either CHL instructor or prior student... When you are at the range (I've seen the breakdown of shooting) does the instructor tell you when to fire or just tell you how much time you have to shoot X number of rounds?

I've seen some instructors at local ranges that actually will say "fire" every X number seconds during that course of fire, just curious if this is the norm ?

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    I've seen some instructors at local ranges that actually will say "fire" every X number seconds during that course of fire, just curious if this is the norm ?

Depends on the exercise honestly. They might have you load 5 for one 5-shot exercise, or you might load 5 for five 1-shot exercises. When doing the single shot exercises, the instructor will call "fire" for each round. With the 5 shot exercise, they'll call "fire" once (my experience), and then you take your 5 shots. The same goes for any multiple-shot sequence.

It's time for my renewal this month as well, so it's possible that things have changed since my last two qualifications, but that's how I remember them.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    typically load 5...tell you how many to shoot at each interval...then load next 5...then same thing.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    It's a no brainer. Don't worry about it the proficiency test at all. They'll tell you what you need to do and when.

Can you imagine if the requirements allowed them to let students shoot at will? :p

Top Bottom