Target Sports

..gee, after how many years and how many US deaths..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    today's headline :

"Iraq disintegrating as insurgents advance; Kurds seize Kirkuk"

and someone here said the US "won" this one...........
    Venture Surplus ad

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    and someone here said the US "won" this one...........

That was probably me. Glad to call you out on your anti-American hate again. Even though I know you are as unable to accept logic now as you were in the last thread where you could not remember or accept history. And yes we did win the one we got involved in 2003. Just because things change over time does not make the military victory over there any less significant. The politicians just pissed the opportunity for peace away, if there was ever the possibility of one over there. By the flawed logic you spout, we did not win WWI because the next generation had to fight the Germans again. Did we lose the American Revolution because the British invaded and burned Washington DC to the ground during the War of 1812? Nothing is permanent, not even peace.

Thanks to bho, the next generation will get the opportunity to fight in that part of the world. Seems to be a pattern developing..........

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    "Iraq disintegrating as insurgents advance; Kurds seize Kirkuk"
    The Kurds "seizing" Kirkuk is a good thing; they have been doing pretty well fighting off the insurgents in their own territory. What is interesting is that these "insurgents" are part of a Syrian rebel/Iraqi insurgent coalition. Just imagine how much worse it would have been if we had assisted the Syrian rebels as Barry and others wanted us to.

I'm wondering when Iran is going to step in and "help" it's neighbor. I think we're going to end up with a semi-independent Kurdish state and the rest of Iraq being an Iranian puppet.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    ..Glad to call you out on your anti-American hate again..

you're completely off base fella - there is probably no person who posts on this forum more patriotic than I

simply pointing out, again, how the US screwed up by getting involved in (another) non-winnable "war" - this one lasting more than 10 years and costing huge amounts of US lives

completely fruitless, completely insane

by the way acera....what is your Military background ?

tarheel7734

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Living in NC, but from Texas
    you're completely off base fella - there is probably no person who posts on this forum more patriotic than I

simply pointing out, again, how the US screwed up by getting involved in (another) non-winnable "war" - this one lasting more than 10 years and costing huge amounts of US lives

completely fruitless, completely insane

by the way acera....what is your Military background ?
    I disagree. I dont think we should have pulled out as soon as we did. I feel we should have put up permanent installations like we did in many other conflicts we were in. If we are going to start policing other nations we need to stick around instead of leaving the country helpless. We accomplished a lot and took people out of power that did not need to be in power. Then Barry gave back people for a traitor.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Personally, I don't think we should have been there. But since we did go in and screw things up, we owed them to fix it. We pulled out too soon, did too little trying to appease.

Whiskey, are You trying to infer that non-service equates to non-patriot? If so, I call BULLSHIT!

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013

Whiskey, are You trying to infer that non-service equates to non-patriot? If so, I call BULLSHIT!..

please don't read something into my post(s) that isn't there

I'm simply curious about the Military background of those who have strong feelings with reference to the subject of this and like threads

(and please, I spell my forum handle thusly : W H I S K Y - no E )

tarheel7734

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Living in NC, but from Texas
    please don't read something into my post(s) that isn't there

I'm simply curious about the Military background of those who have strong feelings with reference to the subject of this and like threads

(and please, I spell my forum handle thusly : W H I S K Y - no E )
    There is only one whisky and that comes from Scottland. I partake quite a bit. Love Glenrotehs, Aberlour, and a few others.

BTW my military background is 1996 to 2006.
    11b1P 1/505PIR 1996-1997
    11bw8 313 MI LRSD 1997-1998
    sfas and q course in 1999
    18B30W8 2/7th sfg ODA744 2000-2004
    ODA742 2004-2006
    Was attached to 490 CAB in 2005 till the end of service in 2006

I did a total of 4 tours in the sand box both Iraq and Afghanistan starting in 2001.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom