• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Anyone seen these yet? Shown is a 4th Generation Glock 22. Differences are cosmetic. The rear cocking serrations, and the grip stippling has been redesigned and described as "mini pyramids." Glock calls it the "RTF" frame- (Rough Textured Frame). Supposedly they haven't made a concrete decision on wether they are going to put both versions, RTF2 & RTF3 into production. (RTF3 is same design as RTF2 only it has a rougher texture because the "mini pyramids are slightly larger and slightly more raised). I still think Glock should have when with interchangeable backstraps.

gen4-g22-1.jpg

glock-rtf.jpg
    Target Sports

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    What a freakin joke. lol ;) After 25 some odd years of Glock's being in production, this is the best they can come up with? Stippling and lame, gimmicky slide serations. I like Glocks but damn, they've had long enough to actually update the design/ergonomics and they still can't come up with any worthwhile improvements. Another example of a company being ignorant of the market and it's constituents.

czechmate82

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    They should have gotten rid of the finger ledges on the forward part of the grip. I hate those things. They don't position my fingers well at all. I'm still looking for an inexpensive used gen 2 model 19 or 23 with night sights...

87'vette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    "New" Glocks

I am a glock fan, but the new design sucks. I'm in no hurry to go out and buy one. I agree, that they need to come out with new models instead of "gimmicks". At least they are introducing the G20 and G29 in SF form. A G20 SF is in my future! :patriot:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I am a glock fan, but the new design sucks. I'm in no hurry to go out and buy one. I agree, that they need to come out with new models instead of "gimmicks". At least they are introducing the G20 and G29 in SF form. A G20 SF is in my future! :patriot:

Oh that's cool! I didn't know they were going to do the SF version in the G20. I've wanted a good, reliable 10mm for awhile, but never liked the 2x4 G20 grip. ;)

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    In relation to the OP, I got to try one out in Florida late last year at a GSSF match. One of the Glock guys had one and if you stuck around after the match for a bit he was letting folks try it out. Its geared towards the LEO market. Most LEO guns out there are the old pebble gripped Gen 2's. Alot of them who are upgrading preferred that grip still to the 3rd gen checkering. The checking is also one of the biggest turn offs for the normal glockers. So they sort of retro'd the grip. The new scalloping on the grooves is a nod to the desire for the guns to be grippier went wet or with gloves (same as the pebbling to some extent), but also to play on making them look a little cooler.

The one I fired was nice, I liked the pebbling and since all my frames are gen 3 the finger grooves kept me from shifting my grip like I have to when I shoot 2nd and 1st gen guns.

A big indicator of the target market is that they are being released first in the 40 cal full and midsize, no release date yet for the flagship 9mm model 17. .357 SiG will probably be next because all that they need for that is a barrel and mag change and they are good to go. Eventually they will be released in the 9mm sizes once they finish the mod's to the slides (the frames are the same).

On the 29 and 20 SF, GLock was paying attention to the shooter on that. The 29 and 20 use the same frames as the 30 and 21, so alot of glockophiles were just swapping out frames to get a easier to handle hawg popper.

malladus

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I like Glocks, used to hate them till I bit the bullet and just learned to shoot them. But you have to be $hitting me on this. Mediocre to crappy ergonomics for most people, horrible triggers, blocky slide designs... and all they can do is change the stipling and add some goofy a$$ serrations. Give me a break. LoneWolf can come up with a frame that has swapable backstraps and enlarged mag release.. Why cant Glock?

Instead of the stupid serrations how about bevel the top of the slide ala the XDM and clean up the lines a bit.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    If Glock had lost the finger grooves and gotten rid of the hump on the backstrap...they'd have something.

I swear...does anybody in their Austrian plant ever pick up another pistol and notice that nobody else has that annoying hump on the back of the grip that digs into the palm?

The new slide serrations look less aggressive...I don't get the point of those, either.

-brickboy240

Top Bottom