Join TexasGunTalk

General Info and Discussion - West Texas Gunsmiths / Shooting Ranges/ Stores etc.

Discussion in 'Lubbock' started by Groove Street, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Groove Street

Groove Street New Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Ahoy!

Being relatively new to Lubbock and West Texas (Dallas native), I just wanted to touch base with fellow shooters in the area. Specifically, I am interested to find out about the "hot spots," - awesome local places when it comes to shooting, having a gun worked on or looking at new/used firearms and other gear.

So, where does everyone frequent?

Thus far I have really only ventured to Rustic Range for practice. No complaints here; I really like the pistol/rifle setup (although I have to admit, I'm not too great at skeet/trap - yet!)

Right now I am in need of a Certified Glock Armorer to install a new set of sights, but mostly to completely strip the gun down and give it its first internal cleaning.

So, where are your favorite places around Lubbock/West Texas? (Hey, throw in some good food places too!)

2. Thegomezclan

Thegomezclan Well-Known

Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    There are two gun shops on 34th that are good places. I bought guns from both of them and they are good to deal with. I like Rustic Range also, no fun when the wind blows. What kind of food do you like?

3. blackwater

blackwater Active Member

Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    I've had good encounters with Sharp Shooters, Inc. on 50th Street behind wal greens when I venture up to Lbk.

4. Thegomezclan

Thegomezclan Well-Known

Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Nice place but they are over priced on a lot of their stuff.

5. Groove Street

Groove Street New Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Food wise... anything really. Mexican and Italian are my favorite, but I love any place that has good BBQ....

I'm just trying to find a local Glock armorer... time to have some work done!

6. Thegomezclan

Thegomezclan Well-Known

Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    There was a gunsmith that worked for Grander Mountain by the name of Willie, he is starting his own business soon. As soon as I find out when he starts I can let you know. If you like burgers there is a place place called 5 Guys Burgers in the shopping center buy Indiana and the Marsha Sharp highway. Real good eats.

7. robhillips

robhillips New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    South Plains of Texas
    Just moved to the area myself. Ate at 5 guys, it's pretty good. Any more recommendations on guns shops/ranges?

8. 1stSSPZ

1stSSPZ New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    For anything needing done as far as handguns, go to Patriot Firearms Range (5840 49th street, west side of town just outside the loop) and ask for Jason. Excellent gunsmith (he builds a nice 1911). We shoot IDPA there every Tuesday night (start @ 6:00pm) and Saturday morning (start @ 9:00am) and have a great time! PM me here if you want and we can hook-up!

Tom H

9. realone806

realone806 New Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Lubbock
    sharpshooters is a nice place to browse but they are overpriced and not terribly helpful. there is a new surplus/tactical supply store at 28th and ave q. that some cool accesories, AR parts, and other stuff.... ya'll checked it out?

10. realone806

realone806 New Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Lubbock
    oh and on the food side some good local places: spankys, lite bite, jaliscos, furrs, caboose, cagles, bryans, thai thai, hub city wings...... and the list goes on lol