• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    glock needs to really rethink some things to keep customers....i love glocks,they are great pistols....durable and reliable as anything. the low cost is great too,however, i think they need to redo the grip angle to make them have a real 1911 pointability. they also need to slim them down and make controls ambidextrous. if glock did this it would make them as close to perfection as you can get.

With the Glock Gen 4, the out of box grip is more like the 1911 grip. It is still very Glock like but it feels much better. Glock will pick up many more customers and fans with the changes they have made than they will lose.
    Also, if what I have read is true, Glockers will have to like it or leave it, as Glock plans to phase out Gen3 production in favor of Gen4 models.
    If you like your Gen3s buy them now before you cant get them.

If I had the money to spare I would probably buy a G4G17 just for fun.

Also keeping in mind that Glock is probably never going to have a 1911 grip angle, if you have a Glock and really want a grip angle closer to the 1911 try this
    CCFRaceFrames.com :: Articles and Press pgroup_7452_392_400x600__shadow.jpg

There is another company that is coming out with a Glock frame. It has a full rail on the dust cover instead of the one slot Glock rail. It has a grip angle that is more like the 1911 (the frame does not have the Glock hump in it and stands up and down more than the factory frame. And the frame can be had with an additional safety i it so that once you get the Glock innards installed you now have a Glock with a Manual safety.
    I though I bookmarked this sight like I did the CCF race frames sight but I can not find it. Maybe I'll run in to it.

Ok found it. It is from Lonewolf distributors. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/ The bew sight does not say anything about a safety but the article I was reading said there was one.
    Since the Lonewolf sight does not say anything about it, that I could see, I'm not sure now that it has a safety other than the trigger.

Cheers:patriot:
    Venture Surplus ad

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    gay. glock needs to really rethink some things to keep customers....i love glocks,they are great pistols....durable and reliable as anything. the low cost is great too,however, i think they need to redo the grip angle to make them have a real 1911 pointability. they also need to slim them down and make controls ambidextrous. if glock did this it would make them as close to perfection as you can get.

I'm not trying to start a war or anything, but a glock is a glock. If you want to make it into a 1911, then get a 1911.

: )

Top Bottom