• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I went ahead and picked up a lightly-used Honda EB2200i for a decent price. It's the contractor version and doesn't have the 12v charging function, nor does it have the USB charging. Also, it can't be paralleled, but that's no biggie, as we don't have an RV. This Honda will be for my mobile power needs. If I need more than that and am at home, that's what the big Kubota is for.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Good information there.

Most Sam's Clubs have a Murphy's as well.
    It's pretty much only those stations that are outside certain major metropolitan areas. Within those major metro areas, you generally won't find the ethanol-free stuff. When I need the good stuff, I just drive out west to the Bucee's in Katy and I'm good to go.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    5 different chains have ethanol free here in metro San Antonio. Lots of stations. But, SA does not have an annual car air pollution inspection, if that matters.
    I don't think that has any bearing on the sale of non-ethanol. Williamson county has the emissions inspection requirement and they do sell non-ethanol gas here. I've been running NE in my Expedition for the last 8 months or so and mpg has gone up by 1 mpg. Doesn't really offset the extra 40¢ per gallon in price tho. I think I paid $3.15 per gal earlier this week.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I bought a 3500 Craftsman generator 10 years ago. So far I haven't taken it out of the box. Last winter we had power while all our neighbors were out. Seems we happen to be on the same line with a hospital a mile away.

But preparedness is some thing I live by. I ordered a new truck in March. The F150 Hybrid as an optional 7200W generator panel in the bed. If that ever gets here (chip shortage) that will be my backup power.

The 1000W inverter is a good idea. I have a Ford Escape Hybrid. Many owners are using these with an invertor for backup power. The little hybrids have a much more efficient generator than a conventional vehicle.

Backup power is why my parents got a Prius. They bought all the needed inverters and support equipment as mi es allowed and now can hook the car into the house and power the whole thing for about a week on a tank of gas.
    The only thing bad is they got a prius and I always call them hipsters and ask them when they are going to pride marches or taking a religious retreat to Portland.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    My wife and I are about to pull the trigger on a whole home gernerac. We will have it in place before hurricane season ramps up so very soon. The ERCOT debacle swayed us to get a large unit so we wont have to worry too much about using electricity Like we are used to. After hurricane Ike, we were without power for 3 weeks and filling up the generator got hard with lack of gas after several days.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My wife and I are about to pull the trigger on a whole home gernerac. We will have it in place before hurricane season ramps up so very soon. The ERCOT debacle swayed us to get a large unit so we wont have to worry too much about using electricity Like we are used to. After hurricane Ike, we were without power for 3 weeks and filling up the generator got hard with lack of gas after several days.

I worked for a equipment dealer that was also a dealer for Generac equipment and generators. So I did outside repairs and maintenance on home generator systems. Generac makes some really good equipment. Not cheap, but really solid equipment with good customer service.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Lead times are way out there and pricing is way up.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I went ahead and did some upgrades on my fuel system. I removed the factory fuel tank from the Kubota and replumbed the supply and return lines to an RDS 37gal auxiliary fuel tank for extended run time. The factory tank was 7.4gal and would see the generator run a minimum of 10hrs at 50% load. So now, I've got five times the fuel and lessen the worries about refueling so often.

EDIT: I believe the filter is a Racor 4-micron particulate and water block type. It's set up as a pre-filter to protect the OEM Kubota fuel filter.

671CBC00-0B2F-47F6-B31A-1D46B477326B.jpeg
    7ADE9035-D99C-4474-80A2-3AE609114B1B.jpeg
    EC3BEFF9-7192-4926-B428-753695D194B2.jpeg

Last edited:

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Costco has a good tri-fuel one for under $900. Run nat gas line to it and it can run forever.
    Yep. Firman. I did a lot of research on this company. US home office is in Phoenix and tech support is on site. The guy I spoke with was a born American for sure and knew his stuff. There are four authorized service centers in the Houston area. I called the one closest to me and he said they have wear parts in stock and the Phoenix warehouse has every other thing they’d need to fix it. Plus a three year parts warranty. It was a no-brained in my book.

Top Bottom