geocaching

jparks54

May 15, 2013
Fruitvale
How many of yall are into geocaching? My dad is really into it and during highschool I did alot with him. Im really looking to get back into it as something I can do with my wife. If you do geocach do you do it with your family if so do they really enjoy it?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

woggie

Nov 10, 2013
Frisco, TX
I used to do it a lot a few years ago with the family and a couple of friends. We had a great time doing it but have it done it in a long time. Have really thought about getting back into it. Kids are older now and probably not as interested. Curious how much different it will be with a smart phone now.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

jparks54

May 15, 2013
Fruitvale
Ya I was just lookin at how you dont havr to have a gps now just a smart phone. It be interesting but I think im gonna use my ol trusty gps if I can find it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

woggie

Nov 10, 2013
Frisco, TX
I think I will do the same, the old Garvin etrex still works well. I like that you can search for caches and look at info with the phone, makes it easier to do spur of the moment.

jparks54

May 15, 2013
Fruitvale
True me an my dad always used both. We would use the gps to get there and find it but would use the phone to look at info and hints. Just asked the wife and she said she would love to guss ill be searching for the gps

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

TX69

TGT Addict
Dec 23, 2012
DFW
THis is an extremely stupid question BUT how does it work burying this stuff on someone else's property? Would it be government land or personal property ha anyone ever run into problem with it?

woggie

Nov 10, 2013
Frisco, TX
THis is an extremely stupid question BUT how does it work burying this stuff on someone else's property? Would it be government land or personal property ha anyone ever run into problem with it?
They are generally placed on "public" land or with permission from owner on private property. We used to go find them when we camped in the state parks, etc. The ones around town are sometimes really small so not as much hiking or searching in the woods.

jparks54

May 15, 2013
Fruitvale
They arnt burried either they are just hidden. Lot of times in trees under bridges in crevices stuff like that

jparks54

May 15, 2013
Fruitvale
Well dad has my gps so looks like im gonna get to try the app for a bit

Top Bottom