• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    How many of yall are into geocaching? My dad is really into it and during highschool I did alot with him. Im really looking to get back into it as something I can do with my wife. If you do geocach do you do it with your family if so do they really enjoy it?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4
    Texas SOT

woggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Frisco, TX
    I used to do it a lot a few years ago with the family and a couple of friends. We had a great time doing it but have it done it in a long time. Have really thought about getting back into it. Kids are older now and probably not as interested. Curious how much different it will be with a smart phone now.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Ya I was just lookin at how you dont havr to have a gps now just a smart phone. It be interesting but I think im gonna use my ol trusty gps if I can find it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

woggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Frisco, TX
    I think I will do the same, the old Garvin etrex still works well. I like that you can search for caches and look at info with the phone, makes it easier to do spur of the moment.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    True me an my dad always used both. We would use the gps to get there and find it but would use the phone to look at info and hints. Just asked the wife and she said she would love to guss ill be searching for the gps

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    THis is an extremely stupid question BUT how does it work burying this stuff on someone else's property? Would it be government land or personal property ha anyone ever run into problem with it?

woggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Frisco, TX
    THis is an extremely stupid question BUT how does it work burying this stuff on someone else's property? Would it be government land or personal property ha anyone ever run into problem with it?

They are generally placed on "public" land or with permission from owner on private property. We used to go find them when we camped in the state parks, etc. The ones around town are sometimes really small so not as much hiking or searching in the woods.

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    They arnt burried either they are just hidden. Lot of times in trees under bridges in crevices stuff like that

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Well dad has my gps so looks like im gonna get to try the app for a bit

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    the official geocache is the one im going to use first my dad said it was great to use..

i had to restart my account so all the caches i found with my dad are no longer logged for me...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    the official geocache is the one im going to use first my dad said it was great to use..

i had to restart my account so all the caches i found with my dad are no longer logged for me...

This?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.groundspeak.geocaching

Review

http://www.progeocaching.com/2011/07/review-of-groundspeaks-geocaching-for-android-app/

Going to try a free one first. Locus Map Free for android

http://www.notaboutthenumbers.com/2012/05/11/top-5-android-geocaching-apps/

App download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=menion.android.locus&feature=more_from_developer

Last edited:

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    yea thats the one i just got it hope to get to use it soon maybe after class...

my dad has the ios version and likes it.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    i do it with my kid and parents ocassionally. theres a big texas mega event coming up soon if i recall. basically take over a state park and the texas regions compete over a weekend to score points.

Txpitdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Htown
    We use c:geo on my droid smartphone. Fun for the family and it's a great way to get the wife and kids comfortable with being off trail in the woods

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    Thats one reason I wanna start again sense me and my wife are in collage and we dont party it makes it hard to find cheap stuff to do and this is one of them thatll get us away from the tv.

Top Bottom