D99B2883-4508-4BEE-BC83-8831784FB01A.jpeg

GOOD.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Heard sometime this am that this will be the first time since 1981(?(approx.)) that there will not be a Bush in a Texas political office.

Makes me vewy vewy happy
    I don't think that's correct, Bush 1 was CIA prior to Carter taking office 1/77 and became VP in 1/81 and President in 1/89 - leaving 1/93; Bush 2 wasn't elected until '94 and took office in '95; but the Bush family was well-known and popular here at the time.
    Bush 2 really screwed up the family legacy, Bush 3 couldn't screw in a light bulb.

Eli

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I don't think that's correct, Bush 1 was CIA prior to Carter taking office 1/77 and became VP in 1/81 and President in 1/89 - leaving 1/93; Bush 2 wasn't elected until '94 and took office in '95; but the Bush family was well-known and popular here at the time.
    Bush 2 really screwed up the family legacy, Bush 3 couldn't screw in a light bulb.

Eli
    I do believe I specifically stated a TEXAS office. NOT a .fed office

I could be wrong with what I posted. Which was why a question mark was between the parentheses.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    As pathetic a choice as Crooked Ken is, here is what Ms. Garza stands for:

As Attorney General, I will be a strong advocate for and defender of Texans’ rights — as I have during my career as a civil rights attorney and will create a full civil rights division within the AG’s office.

• Voting Rights -I will dismantle Ken Paxton’s “election integrity unit” — which is really about enforcing the GOP’s cruel voter suppression measures — and replace it with a Voting Rights Unit under a fully-funded Civil Rights Division. I will ensure voting rights are protected in the courts if there are further attempts to make it harder for any Texan, especially people of color, to cast a ballot.

• Reproductive Rights -Reproductive health care and access to abortion is a moral imperative and an issue of racial, economic, and gender justice. I’m committed to restoring abortion access in Texas and defending the rights of women and pregnant people whenever they’re threatened. As Attorney General, I will refuse to defend laws that infringe on Texans’ reproductive rights and constitutional right to access abortion care.

• Workers' Rights -Workers are the backbone of America. As Attorney General, I will use the power of the office to protect the rights of workers and unions to organize, negotiate fair pay and benefits, and advocate for workers’ interests. I will also create a Workers’ Rights Bureau to protect Texas workers from bad actors. We’ll fight to end wage theft, misclassification of workers to prevent them from receiving benefits, and health and safety violations that put workers in danger. We’ll also appoint a labor liaison who will interface between the AG’s office and labor unions and leaders across the state — workers will have direct input in the policies that directly impact them. And in concert with other Democratic state Attorneys General, I’ll work to combat federal laws that harm workers so massive corporations can turn an even bigger profit.

• LGBTQ+ -While we have made progress in the fight for equality in Texas, a lot remains to be done. In the recent Texas legislative session, we saw Republicans introduce more anti-LGBTQ+ bills than any other state. We need to prioritize civil rights and that includes protecting equality.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Paxton was the best candidate on the board. Louie Gohmert should've run, but chose not to for whatever reason. At least Paxton isn't afraid to litigate, unlike Shrub. And God help us if Garza gets the office.

Reactions: Eli

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Paxton was the best candidate on the board. Louie Gohmert should've run, but chose not to for whatever reason. At least Paxton isn't afraid to litigate, unlike Shrub. And God help us if Garza gets the office.
    Don't forget what the last Dem AG did - went after big tobacco with contingency contracts for his buddies, making several billionaire lawyers in the process!

Eli

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Paxton....proof that Chicago style corruption and politics are alive and well in Texas.

I think the AG office might be up for grabs. At least Garza so far is not crashing events and screaming for gun control like beto.

Heck of a thing. Vote for Paxton or vote for a democrat. Both turn my stomach.

This is the problem now. We'll have the risk of Republicans voting for anti-American democrats because we have a lack of decent republican candidates.
    It's a horrible choice to have to make, but I'll be voting for a criminal (Paxton) to avoid electing a worse criminal (a democrat).

retired deputy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2022
    the big country
    if we still had the option of a straight ticket vote in November.....it might make it more tolerable for many to just click once for blanket republican and walk away without having to acknowledge paxton's existence..

Garza might be getting a bit more research by some as an option.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

Incumbent Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton, who has former President Donald Trump’s endorsement, was challenged by multiple candidates, including Land Commissioner George P. Bush, the son of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, former state Supreme Court Justice Eva Guzman and Rep. Louie Gohmert.

I voted for Gohmert, but not enough others did...

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I voted for Louie as well, I guess I should've clarified when I said "he should've run" I meant he should've been actively hard core campaigning. Having your name on the ballot isn't enough if you really want to win. I didn't see a single campaign ad for him - I found out he was running from facebook of all things, when a friend posted in support of his candidacy.

For whatever reason, the Gohmert campaign for AG was next to non-existent.

Top Bottom