• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    Anyone got a Bond Arms derringer in .410 that I can tryout?

I'm curious and want to feel how shoots with he .410 buckshot loads before I buy one. If we could meet up, I'd buy lunch and ammo. Range around me are the best of The West in Liberty Hill, and Reds Indoor range over in Phlugerville.

I don't know why I want one, I guess just for grins and the novelty of it.
    Target Sports

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I don't know bout the Bond derringers, but I have shot .410 slugs in the Taurus Judge of a buddy, and the recoil was pretty close to .44 mag levels. It can only be worse in the derringer, I would think. Saw a guy with one in 45-70, and he had numerous cuts on his FACE from the gun flying out of his hand! He was a slow learner, I guess. LOL!

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    A derringer is not designed to be a fun firearm to shoot. It is designed to stop a potential lethal threat. If your life is at risk, you won't even notice the recoil.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    That's certainly true, oldvet. But I think the OP should look at one in a more suitable self defense caliber, .38 Special, 9mm, etc. While you can get one in .410, that doesn't make it the best choice. Just sayin..

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I think when folks hear “derringer”, they tend to naturally think of a small gun. The Bond derringers never struck me as being altogether that small. They seem to be built like a tank so I’m guessing their quality should be pretty good (I don’t own one).

But small, they are not! Kinda mentally comparing them to a Sig P238, P938 or Colt Mustang type pistol. But those guns have recoil springs too.

M&P9_Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2015
    A derringer is not designed to be a fun firearm to shoot. It is designed to stop a potential lethal threat. If your life is at risk, you won't even notice the recoil.

That is until you miss with the first shot and it flies out of your hand.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I've shot 45 colt and 410 win pdx from a Bond derringer. Recoil is stout to say the least. 45 colt was more fun. Shoot it 10 time and you're done for a year.

Top Bottom