• TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I am not comfortable with this one.

"It allows felons to claim the Stand Your Ground defense — in which someone who “reasonably believes” his life is in danger has no duty to walk away and may instead shoot to kill. And that is just the beginning."

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    No. If you've served your time and have been rehabilitated, your basic human rights should be restored. If you haven't adequately served your time or been rehabilitated, you shouldn't be released. I don't agree with the "mess up once, you're scarred for life" philosophy. I've had one of those lapses in judgement, it could have ended much worse than it did. At the time it was only a Misd-A. I'm truly sorry for what I did, learned my lesson and won't be caught in that position again. But had it happened four months later it would have been a felony and I wouldn't have my CHL or own any legal firearms — fortunately for me, I wasn't a victim of the system.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    If you did your time then legally exercising your rights should be allowed.

There's no such thing as revoking someone's rights. It's impossible for men to revoke a right given by God.

Men can only declare it's exercise illegal and determine the amount of force they want to use to make person(s) comply.

Top Bottom