• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    6 Hospitalized After Shooting At FedEx Facility In Georgia - Business Insider

The suspect in the shootings is dead from an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to WSB-TV.

On Friday, the shooter had apparently asked to take Saturday off, but his manager told him no, according to Harrison. He reportedly took the day off anyway, and other employees wondered if he had quit.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/29/shooting-at-fedex-facility-near-atlanta/8449315/

"He had an assault rifle. He had bullets strapped to his chest like Rambo," the newspaper quotes Aiken as saying. "I mean he looked like he was heading into war. As soon as I saw him, I ran the other way. I ran and made sure that people upstairs were gone. He was in all black. I think he had a camo vest. He had an assault rifle and bullets strapped to his chest."
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    And the usual rabid anti-gun kooks are out in force on the internet. I just read some of the content on Gawker.com's predictably skewed article. The sheer idiocy makes me shake my head and reminds me why I generally ignore reader comments.

Back in the real world, the shooter apparently used a shotgun. Six wounded, one critically (which makes me suspect birdshot was used - one close-range shot, then a lot of peppering with pellets as people fled) and the shooter killed himself.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I saw that report too. After I read that police said it was a shotgun. Geez....they will say anything.

I saw some comments from the anti's......tried to have a civil conversation and educate them but of course they dont know what civil is.....so I gave up before my blood pressure went thru the roof. And they say WE are the intolerant ones. Pffft.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not surprised. It was ably a matter of time before shotguns joined the growing number of weapons known as "automatic assault rifles".

After all, "Mossberg 500s are what the military uses".

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    Not surprised. It was ably a matter of time before shotguns joined the growing number of weapons known as "automatic assault rifles".

After all, "Mossberg 500s are what the military uses".

Those and the Benelli M4. I only mention that because it's on my wish list. :-)

32vmj.jpg

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Straight from the mouths and minds of stupid leftist morons....

@DMAC0331 It is always the person's fault. It is ridiculous to even think that inanimate objects can be at fault. Having said that, gun ownership is a probable indicator of mental illness, criminal intent, or both. In other words, we should not be afraid of guns. We should be afraid of gun owners.

Another mass shooting with an assault rifle - thanks to the NRA Gun Cartel and the GOP who shot down the Assault Weapons Ban. Pray for the wounded.
    Of note, stats regarding gun violence often disregard victims who are critically wounded, and only focus on fatalities, as though life altering gun shot wounds are not worth discussion. Roughly 100,000 Americans are killed AND wounded by firearms in the U.S. every year - worse than virtually all 3rd World Nations.

Seriously though to all the people saying just have guns everywhere. Look around you at work and you will see quite a few people you don't want walking around you armed all the time. Let alone someone that you don't even know has a gun on them legally. This whole concealed carry everywhere thing is so cowardly it's not even funny.

I mean.....what the f*^k do you say to this crap?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    To the first guy - good. I want idiots like that to fear me.

To the second one - yeah, shooting with shotguns can't happen if "assault weapons" are banned. And neither can shootings with semi-autos that the press calls "assault weapons", right? So Columbine (in which the shooters used AWB-compliant ten round magazines) never happened.

To the third one - Yes, it's much better when only the criminals have guns. You're so brave to want to curtail my rights!

How's that for a start?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Looks like some liberal made their security plan for the employee entrance.

I worked at a place where they wanted metal detectors in the front lobby for all employees to go though.

I made quick work on a spreadsheet pointing out how costly this was and then a walk though on how stupid it was without a second set of doors, a proper squeeze point and armed guards.

At least the TX state capitol has armed guards. The rest of their security checkpoint\metal detectors is a joke.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    FedEx is a gun free zone. Employees were sitting ducks.

I hope they ALL sue since FedEx didn't allow them to protect themselves or others, especially with the passing of the SCPA in Georgia last week.

mailgooglecom.jpg

Last edited:

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    FedEx is a gun free zone. Employees were sitting ducks.

I hope they ALL sue since FedEx didn't allow them to protect themselves or others, especially with the passing of the SCPA in Georgia last week.

View attachment 28000

I would like to see a law suit like this: "Your policies denied my Right to protect myself...". If companies knew that they were going to be held financially liable for policies like this, would they amend those polices and become more gun tolerant?

Or will FedEx pay large settlements to keep this from going thru the court system?

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I would like to see a law suit like this: "Your policies denied my Right to protect myself...". If companies knew that they were going to be held financially liable for policies like this, would they amend those polices and become more gun tolerant?

Or will FedEx pay large settlements to keep this from going thru the court system?

Good point. If you die on a business trip, the company is liable to pay out to your next of kin. If you get shot/killed at work with no way to defend yourself, I think the company should be held responsible. No guns in the workplace is bullshit.

Top Bottom