geraldo to quit?

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by DCortez, Dec 21, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Hmm...

Geraldo Rivera has told Fox News honcho Roger Ailes he'll quit if Ailes hires Lou Dobbs, according to a well-placed source. Rivera, who has blasted the nativist Dobbs for his "slander" against Latinos, tells us, "I never threatened to quit." But he did let Ailes know he wouldn't welcome working with the man who has called him a "cowardly liar." Says Geraldo: "The last time I checked, no one here was talking to the a-—."

Still, Ailes is said to be considering Dobbs for the Fox Business Channel. "The trouble is Dobbs wants too much money – like $8 million a year," says an insider. "But Dobbs doesn't have much leverage. Since he quit CNN, he can't go to CNBC." Hiring him at Fox Business is bound to irk that channel's Dobbs-phobes, John Stossel and Stuart Varney. But a rep for Ailes insists he isn't eyeing Dobbs for anything.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...rt_russell_help_her_get_over_arod.html?page=1

2. Englishman

Englishman Member

Jun 24, 2009
    The New World
    Personally I would have accepted his resignation there and then. Geraldo annoys the heck out of me with his condescending attitude. He belongs elsewhere…….….I say go now

3. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    Same here,Geraldo views himself as a tough guy my thoughts are he is a
    poor excuse for a journalist or talking head, either way I won't watch him.

4. cuate

cuate Well-Known

Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I hope that he doesn't let the FOX door bang him in the a-- on his way out but hopefully he will take that grinning ultra liberal Combs (spelling ?) with him !

5. res1b3uq

res1b3uq Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    We could not be that lucky

6. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh, PLEASE Geraldo - LEAVE! You wouldn't make a pimple on a REAL newsmans b***!!!

7. Jeff B

Jeff B Active Member

May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    Geraldo has all but endorsed La Raza and the concept of Aztlan.

Out the door...

IIRC he is another beleiver in "comprehensive immigration reform".

At least Lou Dobbs calls it as he sees it, and I agree with his worldview alot more.

Jeff B.