German Mauser

mpolk

Jan 3, 2009
Waco, Texas
I have a German Mauser that my dad brought back from WWII. Looking for info if you don't mind

Mauser Modelo Argentino 1891
Deutsche Waffen - UND Munitionsfabriken
Berlin
Serial #T 4260 (sane on all parts including the stock)

Is this an 8mm?

lonewolf23c

Oct 2, 2008
Idaho
Your rifle is chambered in 7.65x53mm Mauser and has a book value of $275-800 depending upon the condition its in. Add 20-25% for matching bayonet.

Information found in Blue Book Value of Guns 29th Edition.

lonewolf23c

Oct 2, 2008
Idaho
The gun is in great shape but no matching bayonet.

Thanks for the info
Your welcome, just happen to have a Gun Blue Book, and seen your post so I thought I'd help out. Its really simple to just flip through and give out the info from the book. I find that I refer to the book a lot and I believe its well worth the $30.

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
Feb 29, 2008
Texas
I think that is a Mauser export to the Argentine military.

Mauser, DWM et. al. had contracts with many foreign countries.

It could be 7.65 x 53 mm, 7 x 57 mm or 8 x 57 mm.

Al tho it is most probably the 7.65 x 53 mm.

Keep it, it has more sentimental value to you than mere dollars..

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
I've got a couple of 7mm Mausers (one sporterized) that my Dad had. As a kid we shot one and it was actually the deer rifle when long range deer hunting which was rare in east Texas. The other is all original and "had" the bayonet years ago. When he died, it was no where to be found. There was one with the guns stuff, but not the one that fits this gun. I really wanted it for a display but it'll look fine solo.

They're fun to have but usually not much, if any money value. I found out a ton of information about my 2 from a guy that remembers them stacked in corners of store rooms selling for $50 a pop back in the 60's.

Top Bottom