• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I never get flu shots. Until yesterday at CVS.

The doc said I’d have zero side effects from the inactivated pieces of the virus in the vaccine and that the benefits significantly outweighed the risk. The fact it was free didn’t hurt.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Why? There is no reason to believe that this helps.
    “In adults, studies have not shown a benefit from getting more than one dose of vaccine during the same influenza season.”
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/misconceptions.htm

But I wasn't joking when I made the comment about getting a shot now.

From your link.....

A case-control study conducted in Navarre, Spain, during the 2011–12 season revealed a decline in vaccine effectiveness from 61% (95% CI = 5–84) in the first 100 days postvaccination to 42% (95% CI = -39–75) for 100–119 days postvaccination and to -35% (95% CI = -211–41) thereafter

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    But I wasn't joking when I made the comment about getting a shot now.

From your link.....

A case-control study conducted in Navarre, Spain, during the 2011–12 season revealed a decline in vaccine effectiveness from 61% (95% CI = 5–84) in the first 100 days postvaccination to 42% (95% CI = -39–75) for 100–119 days postvaccination and to -35% (95% CI = -211–41) thereafter

Wow.

I should have asked how long it was expected to last.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I never get flu shots. Until yesterday at CVS.

The doc said I’d have zero side effects from the inactivated pieces of the virus in the vaccine and that the benefits significantly outweighed the risk. The fact it was free didn’t hurt.

I did the same thing a couple years ago after getting the same spiel. Ended up with the flu for the first time ever a month or two later. It sucked. Hope it works out better for you.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    $9 at Costco. If you have school kids, it's a good deal.

Free at CVS :cowboy:

Hell yes. I had the flu in March and it knocked my dick in the dirt. 3 weeks of miserableness

Doc said a flu shot can reduce symptoms of you get a different strain.

With hunting season coming up, that, would suck.

I office out of the house but have to jump on a plane regularly. I figured at my age if the shot won’t make me sick and offers a degree of protection even for a different strain, it’s worth it.

I read a book from the library a short time ago about the global influenza outbreak during WW1. Blew my mind how many healthy people died suffocating and drowning because of infected, fluid filled lungs. Terrible!

It’s one those things you don’t really think about unless you read about it and see it for what it is: lethal.

I had a different opinion up until recently but if it’s free with statistically insignificant risk it’s silly not to do it when your older. Like a colonoscopy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom