getting a can in Friendswood tx

Discussion in 'Class III / NFA' started by lunchbox, Aug 3, 2008.

1. lunchbox

lunchbox Member

Apr 12, 2008
    hello all im looking into getting a can in the future i would like to know if they can be carried on ones person and any information about getting chief of police to sign off in Friendswood Tx

2. ducksps

ducksps Active Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    I'm not aware of the ability to recieve an LEO signature in Friendswood so you may want to call Rob at the Talon Arms shop to inquire. Regarding "carry on ones person" please expand on the thought. Having one when going to the range is not an issue but I would not want the exposure of keeping one on my person regularly. I would never keep one with my carry gun.

3. Gpz1100

Gpz1100 Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX
    whenever you carry it anywhere you just need to carry a COPY of your approved form 4 with it.

you need the CLEO (that may be a sheriff or police chief depending on the location of your address) to sign your paperwork OR get a lawyer and do a trust if they won't sign.

4. lunchbox

lunchbox Member

Apr 12, 2008
    why would you not put one on your carry gun
    thats exactly what im looking for

5. ducksps

ducksps Active Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Having a suppressor on your carry pistol has quite a few possible drawbacks.

· The extra length to the barrel would add complexity in concealment
    · The extra length would slow your draw\presentation
    · An anxious DA could run this to an extreme to advance a political career or personal agenda if you are involved in a shooting
    · Should it be used in a defensive situation and an officer or concerned citizen see the suppressor they might make a wrong assumption of guilt based on too much Hollywood during their response
    · If you are in a sudden defense situation noise and flash can be a good thing
    · I have been asked to present my carry gun at a traffic stop and handing a pistol with a suppressor could start things on the wrong path with an officer

6. Gpz1100

Gpz1100 Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX
    only 'up' side to it besides all your friend will be jealous, if you discharge the weapon in the car/truck you will still be able to hear the sirens

:)

7. lunchbox

lunchbox Member

Apr 12, 2008
    thats what im thinking about i want to keep my hearing should i need to shoot my gun in an enclosed or semi enclosed area

8. Joat

Joat Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    :rofl:If that's the concern LB, get an i-pod with those noise canceling ear buds:D

Seriously though - If a situation has gone so far south as to necessitate the use of deadly force, partial loss of hearing would be the least of my worries.
    Personally, I will trade a bit of my hearing for my life any day and choose the lesser of two evils. (I'm already selectively deaf, just ask my wife.)

Joat

9. lunchbox

lunchbox Member

Apr 12, 2008

i will trade hearing as well but if i can help it i would like to and still be able to shoot someone in need of a few 230 gr slugs

10. retrodog

retrodog New Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Houston/Galveston TX
    I live in the unincorporated part of Friendswood (Harris County side) so the Friendswood police don't control my area. I have to get the sign-off from the Harris County Sheriff office. They will not sign for a suppressor at all. I'm not sure about the Friendswood PD.