• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    fmss.jpg

Talon grips. Best ever and dont change the grip or anything. I had rubber grips on before which cost more and sucked more too.

You using the Granulated style talons or the new Rubber texture? I hear good things about both and I think I'm going to be picking up a set for my sr9c.
    Gun Zone Deals

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    I have the rubber talon , I heard the granulated ones will chaff you badly if you carry it and it touches your body

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    guess I'm too cheap, or too lazy to go out lookin', but here's my "solution" to a slippery little Glock gen 3 grip. asparagus rubber bands (and the Wife gets to eat the asparagus). don't laugh - works great, washable and looks....eh....ok (and please, no "slip a condom over the grip" jokes..)

001-1_zpsd01ef7ea.gif

That's innovative gold right there haha I like the idea!

Sent with mischievous intent

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    You using the Granulated style talons or the new Rubber texture? I hear good things about both and I think I'm going to be picking up a set for my sr9c.

Granulated sandpaper style. I just love how it feels plus if its too harsh you can always take some finer grit and shave it a little. But mine feels perfect and i wear it against skin.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Ditto on doing something that can be removed at a later date without altering the original grip. If (when) you sell it, you should bring it back to original. (I would advise NOT stippling it!)

Agreed. I've decided that I'm just going to get a slip on grip like Hogue.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The tough thing is striking a balance between grip traction, being able to establish a strong firing grip in the holster, and being able to actually get the gun out. I've found that hogue rubber grips are far too grippy to achieve that, as it grabs every piece of clothing around it, seriously hampering the initial grip of the gun, and screwing up the drawstroke from the beginning. I've found the same with generous amounts of skateboard tape.

The trick, I think, is to look very closely at how you grip the gun in your firing grip, where your hands are making contact, and to think about where you can maybe apply a bit of skateboard tape, or do a bit of stippling with a soldering iron, etc.

For me, being right-handed, I find that anything seriously grippy on the inside (left) grip panel grabs clothing and impedes drawstroke too much. If anything, I will only lightly stipple the exact contact portion of the left grip panel where my hand actually touches. The front strap and back strap are much more important, and considerably less likely to affect drawstroke. Under the trigger guard can sometimes help, if you have a really aggressive thumbs forward grip. For me personally, I find that I like the area near the back top of the grip (grip tang, "beavertail", etc.) to be smooth, as I focus on driving the web of my hand to that point, and pushing my thumb just past it into a flagged position while establishing grip. I played around with a Grip Force Adapter and ditched it quick, as it's wider in that exact area, with some ridges, which seriously impeded the very first part of drawstroke for me.

Anyways, bottom line, take a look at how you grip the gun, and think about what you actually need and where. The whole gun doesn't have to have the traction of MT drag slicks, and in some cases, doing so could actually make things worse.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    The tough thing is striking a balance between grip traction, being able to establish a strong firing grip in the holster, and being able to actually get the gun out. I've found that hogue rubber grips are far too grippy to achieve that, as it grabs every piece of clothing around it, seriously hampering the initial grip of the gun, and screwing up the drawstroke from the beginning. I've found the same with generous amounts of skateboard tape.

The trick, I think, is to look very closely at how you grip the gun in your firing grip, where your hands are making contact, and to think about where you can maybe apply a bit of skateboard tape, or do a bit of stippling with a soldering iron, etc.

For me, being right-handed, I find that anything seriously grippy on the inside (left) grip panel grabs clothing and impedes drawstroke too much. If anything, I will only lightly stipple the exact contact portion of the left grip panel where my hand actually touches. The front strap and back strap are much more important, and considerably less likely to affect drawstroke. Under the trigger guard can sometimes help, if you have a really aggressive thumbs forward grip. For me personally, I find that I like the area near the back top of the grip (grip tang, "beavertail", etc.) to be smooth, as I focus on driving the web of my hand to that point, and pushing my thumb just past it into a flagged position while establishing grip. I played around with a Grip Force Adapter and ditched it quick, as it's wider in that exact area, with some ridges, which seriously impeded the very first part of drawstroke for me.

Anyways, bottom line, take a look at how you grip the gun, and think about what you actually need and where. The whole gun doesn't have to have the traction of MT drag slicks, and in some cases, doing so could actually make things worse.

Thanks for the input, Sig. I haven't ordered anything yet but like you said about picking certain parts to place grip tape, I'll probably end up doing. I'm right handed and I may just put some tape on the rear end and front of the grip. I would rather not have my clothes snag on the rubber grip and I'll stay away from grip on the left side as I don't want it rubbing me raw. Thanks again.

Top Bottom