• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I'm in the market for grip tape or something to cover the slippery polymer grip on my Glock 19. Anybody have any good reviews on tape like Raptor? What about slip on grips like Hogue, Lone Wolf, or Pachmayr? Speedy reply is appreciated as my holster is coming in on Friday and I need to order it soon.
    DK Firearms

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    There any skate shops out there in College Station? I'd imagine there would be one that you can get a sheet of grip tape that will last you ages for only 5 bucks iirc (been a few years since I've built a skateboard).

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Make a Ranger band.

Stipple with a soldering iron.

Skateboard tape.

The rubber grips don't really increase grippiness enough to matter; they just change the geometry of the handle.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    fmss.jpg

Talon grips. Best ever and dont change the grip or anything. I had rubber grips on before which cost more and sucked more too.

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Most of the Hogue type wrap around rubber grips I have messed with work okay at first. But then start to shift easily or stretch. Oils/ sweet would probably speed that up on a carry gun. Grip tape type stuff works better in my experience, but can make a pretty nice raw spot on you.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I appreciate the feedback, folks!

Most of the Hogue type wrap around rubber grips I have messed with work okay at first. But then start to shift easily or stretch. Oils/ sweet would probably speed that up on a carry gun. Grip tape type stuff works better in my experience, but can make a pretty nice raw spot on you.

I'm not really worried about sweaty hands messing up the grip or my hands getting raw. My hands are pretty rough as it is. I just want something better than the plastic grip on the gun. I'll probably end up getting the talon grip tape because of the positive feedback from many different sources. Thanks again.

Sent with mischievous intent

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I see what you mean. I'll just have to see how it feels once my holster comes in tomorrow. I may just go with a rubber grip or if it comes to it, leave the grip tape off the left side and just have it on the right.

Sent with mischievous intent

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    guess I'm too cheap, or too lazy to go out lookin', but here's my "solution" to a slippery little Glock gen 3 grip. asparagus rubber bands (and the Wife gets to eat the asparagus). don't laugh - works great, washable and looks....eh....ok (and please, no "slip a condom over the grip" jokes..)

001-1_zpsd01ef7ea.gif

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    guess I'm too cheap, or too lazy to go out lookin', but here's my "solution" to a slippery little Glock gen 3 grip. asparagus rubber bands (and the Wife gets to eat the asparagus). don't laugh - works great, washable and looks....eh....ok (and please, no "slip a condom over the grip" jokes..)

001-1_zpsd01ef7ea.gif

Dude! :roflfunny:

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Lmfao, that's creative...

I have the hogue slip on grip for my LCP and fit and feel is great and it stays put in my hand at the range. Every so often the supplied pin will move to one side and I have to tap it back in a tiny bit but works.Makes the grip alot fatter which i like for my big hands.
    e9u6aqev.jpg

Top Bottom