• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polekitty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton County
    Ordered my first safe and it's supposed to be delivered today. It weighs a little over 400 pounds and was wondering if bolting it to the floor is really necessary. After loading in the ammo I have it will weigh a lot more and I can't imagine someone getting the thing out the door without knowing it was there and having the equipment at their disposal. what do ya'll think?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Ordered my first safe and it's supposed to be delivered today. It weighs a little over 400 pounds and was wondering if bolting it to the floor is really necessary. After loading in the ammo I have it will weigh a lot more and I can't imagine someone getting the thing out the door without knowing it was there and having the equipment at their disposal. what do ya'll think?
    Bolting it down helps prevent it being laid over, which makes breaking into them easier.
    Every little bit helps.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    That more than likely isn't a safe but a residential security container of some sort. Go on you tube and look at how they are defeated fairly quickly. These are at best just to keep kids hands off and deter any novice burglars a little bit. When you don't have to worry about anything you would be amazed at how easily things can be taken.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Have you ever seen how easy 2 guys can tip a safe over into a furniture dolly and roll it around?

My safe weighs almost 1K# empty and 2 20 something year old guys moved it from my shop into my house in 10 minutes tops. That includes loading it in and out of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    2 ammo safes/cabinets and 2 gun safes/cabinets. I don't want anyone walking away with anything. In a fire I expect everything to be burned up and insurance cover it. I have no collectibles, just shooters. Any sentimental value is strictly my own and easily dealt with.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    How would you know if your slab is a post-tension slab?
    A good question and one I don't have an answer for. I was relayed this bit of info from a friend. I watched a video on the interwebs and the destruction of one's foundation when one of these cables snaps is unreal.

Top Bottom