• ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Bolt it to the studs too. You would be surprised how easy a "heavy" safe (security cabinet) can be tipped and the weight inside tear the floor and or snap the bolts.
    Gun Zone Deals

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    my safe weighs 2400lbs and I still bolted it down for all of the aforementioned reasons. The "home" safes take less than a minute to pop the door open with a crowbar if you can get it on its side.

Polekitty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Denton County
    Geez, what's the damn point of even having a safe. I guess it's to keep honest people honest like the locks on the front door. Everyone has those and we might as well not bother to use them. If someone is hell bent on taking every thing you own in the house locks just slow the bad guys down a little in the hopes that the neighbors will call the cops if they see something odd going on and maybe they will arrive within the next 30 minutes. I did finally get the safe installed today and used much longer bolts for the floor then provided. If they want to come in and go to the trouble of getting the thing open well they can just have all the crap that's inside. Thanks for everyone's input.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    For residential purposes they are only for keeping children, kleptomaniacs and low tier thieves from your stuff. If the low tier thieves get in and get nothing you can be sure they will be back with higher tier personnel and/or equipment with a better plan. Insurance is what protects you from loss. All mine are shooters though, no collectibles.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Know a guy who had his gun safe in his shop............

They used his acetylene torch to open it..............

With the newer battery powered cut off tools...the sides and top are quick and easy work
    Some people did that where I worked. They finally got into the safe, but not before they has a lesson about how to adjust the torch. Smoke every where.

Top Bottom