• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have not been driving my truck, simply because I have no where to go & the wifes car blocks the truck in the driveway. 2 years ago I get a catalytic converter code & replaced it. Seeing as I don't go anywhere the code reappears. That in itself aint a big deal. The plastic on the headlights needs replacing, 19 years old & won't buff clear. My mechanic has found some in Dallas & they aint cheap! Remember when headlights were big thick glass & lasted?
    Guns International

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have not been driving my truck, simply because I have no where to go & the wifes car blocks the truck in the driveway. 2 years ago I get a catalytic converter code & replaced it. Seeing as I don't go anywhere the code reappears. That in itself aint a big deal. The plastic on the headlights needs replacing, 19 years old & won't buff clear. My mechanic has found some in Dallas & they aint cheap! Remember when headlights were big thick glass & lasted?
    They aren't cheap. But don't go the cheap route. The cheap ones start turning cloudy in a year or so.

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    3M makes a kit to polish headlights, I'm not sure if you've checked into it or tried it. Used it on one of our cars and did a great job. End up starting at something like 300 or 600 grit then working all the way up to wet polishing with 1500 or 3000 and then a final polish. The only thing you would need to do, that they don't include is a UV cured clear coat. They make it in a rattle can and works good.

Otherwise +1 for RockAuto.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Toothpaste is also a good polish for headlight lenses.

I have priced many parts at Rock Auto, and I can get their prices beat at local auto parts stores, and even O'Reilly's. If you can navigate Ebay, and know exactly what you need, you can get even great prices there too.

Rock Auto would be my last option if I couldn't find it somewhere else first. Most definitely not my first choice for auto parts.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    3M makes a kit to polish headlights, I'm not sure if you've checked into it or tried it. Used it on one of our cars and did a great job. End up starting at something like 300 or 600 grit then working all the way up to wet polishing with 1500 or 3000 and then a final polish. The only thing you would need to do, that they don't include is a UV cured clear coat. They make it in a rattle can and works good.

Otherwise +1 for RockAuto.
    I polished them out once. My mechanic said the plastic is to brittle now.

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    Gotcha. I've used the Rock Auto ones before. They are less expensive than OEM, but I can't say yet about longevity. Sometimes I've also been able to find OEM parts cheaper, from dealers that have an online presence.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Just recently ordered these for my 03 Expedition. $86 plus tax and shipping for the pair = $116.77.

1601722235317.png

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom