• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Turned 70 a couple weeks ago. It didn't bother me when I turned 50. It didn't bother me when I turned 60. But 70 got my attention. I'm usually ready for bed at 9 pm. Woke up at 3 am today thinking about getting up and making coffee. Made myself lie there for 30 minutes until I fell back to sleep. Made it to 6 am.

It's really weird. From my point of view, I'm in my 30s. But the mirror and the camera tell a different story.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    It's really weird. From my point of view, I'm in my 30s. But the mirror and the camera tell a different story.
    That’s been the most interesting {amazing} part of the journey for me thus far. The brain not “aging” in any discernible way as compared to the outwardly appearance of the physical body. Perhaps I’m a little more forgetful than when I was younger but my “view” of life and on life certainly doesn’t match up with being an “oldster”.

And I guess that’s a good thing because it’s quite disastrous when Alzheimer’s or dementia takes hold. And it seems like if you live long enough, the odds of something like Parkinson’s Disease Dementia will get ya!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Ever look at someone and think they are old, then realize they are about the same age as you?

Listening to music one day, and you realize the song you are enjoying was released 50 years ago...

In some ways I feel old, yet in others it comes as a mild shock.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    That's a long commute.
    Especially compared to my regular commute, measured in feet.

Just have some meetings to attend this week. But an hour+ drive to Love Field, shuttle bus, 2 hour flight, DEN subway ride, now gotta wait until 10:30 for co-worker to land and then drive 1.5 hours to Colorado Springs.

Planes, trains & automobiles

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Usually go to bed around 12-1am......sleep to 8 am daily. Spent my career getting up at 4am.....don't want to do that anymore....my friends talk about waking early, getting up multiple times at night......at 61 guess i'm lucky...hope it holds...

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Ever look at someone and think they are old, then realize they are about the same age as you?
    My 50 year HS reunion. A real eye opener. Lots of elderly folks there. Some slumped over, walking with a cane. One in a catatonic state in a wheel chair. Another blind. Very sad all around.

Top Bottom