Join TexasGunTalk

Ghosting companies

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Maverick44, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Bigdentx

Bigdentx New Member

Sep 15, 2018
    La Porte
    Funny I thought most of the GenZs were to traumatized by bad words and dirty looks to actually do any WORK.

2. easy rider

easy rider Carbide Precipitator TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Belated welcome to the forum!

3. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    We had an interesting situation this week... One of our better (and therefore highly utilized) developers put in his two weeks notice. His direct supervisor setup knowledge transfer sessions so he could offload his tasks and projects onto other team members over the next two weeks. When one of the product owners, who is his supervisor's boss, found out about it and he told the developer he was dismissed.

The supervisor freaks out and runs up it up the flagpole how he needs those KT sessions. The decision to release him early is reversed and they call him up to ask the developer to come back. He says no since he told his new employer he could start early. :facepalm: :roflfunny:

4. BMF500

BMF500 Matthew 10:34 TGT Supporter

Aug 21, 2019
    Pattison
    I've seen some shady things go down in deepwater drilling on both sides.

I had a guy go home early because his house was "damaged" during a hurricane. A week later I was talking to someone I had worked with previously who during the conversation said John had just showed up on his rig (different company). I didn't believe him, so he sent me a photo on John standing in his office wearing the new company's coveralls. Guy never formally quit at all, no phone call, nothing, not a word.

We were 1 week out of Cape Town on a Singapore to US GoM transit and the Administrator (guy who arranges travel for the crew change, submits customs and immigration for port entry, schedules the grocery and fuel resupplies) quit in the middle of the night. Dude knocked on the rig managers apartment door at mid-night, handed him his laptop and said goodbye.

Another one, was in shipyard in Singapore performing the 5yr UWILD, a merger (hostile takeover) had just gone through. On 4 different occasions for a total of 12 people; guys left the rig for days off and received their layoff notices via email while they were still in the air. I had to clean out their lockers and FedEx them their personal belongings.

Same company, I had returned home from Singapore on Dec. 8, Dec. 9 I get a phone call and an email with an itinerary to return to Singapore on a Dec. 12 flight as I had been reassigned to another vessel. I hadn't been home for Christmas for 3 years. I asked about compensation for the lost time off and OT for the extended stay (I worked 28/28 and they wanted me to stay for 42). The HR "lady" said no I'm sorry you are changing business units so your service time starts over. I told her "no thank you' I'll stay home and enjoy Christmas with my family." I went to work elsewhere and lo and behold I work for that horrible company again through yet another merger.
    My business just isn't what it used to be.

5. MTA89

MTA89 The Mulleteer TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Texoma
    Product owners are usually retards

jordanmills, TheDan and toddnjoyce like this.
  6. TheDan

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    <- CSPO :rolleyes:

MTA89 likes this.
  7. yellowg

yellowg Member TGT Supporter

Jan 25, 2020
    Pflugerville, Texas
    In my experience, the bad ones I’ve had to deal with are the technically challenged ones or the ones who make no real effort to even try to passably understand the tech that is being built.

It has been a joy working with PMs who are technical because everyone gets definitive answers and nothing is left to interpretation.

jordanmills and TheDan like this.
  8. MTA89

MTA89 The Mulleteer TGT Supporter

Mar 10, 2017
    Texoma
    Youre cool though :cool:

TheDan likes this.
  9. TheDan

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    upload_2020-2-21_13-7-11.png

MTA89 likes this.
  10. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Yeah that's how I'd describe myself. That's how I worked. And I got burned every time. I've learned through repeated hard experience that you have to look out for yourself first.

BMF500 likes this.