• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    I guess I'm old school, as much as I wanted to be a rebel growing up. As they used to say, I ride for the Brand. If I let the Brand fail, I'm out of a job.
    I started out that way, yet after years of being bought and sold and abused my loyalties lie solely with myself. My dedication to the Brand is only for the benefit of my crew and co-workers and their outlook is much the same. We strive to make each other's jobs as least difficult as possible. I never want to burn a bridge, but my main reason to not Ghost or drag up is I don't ever want to leave my crew in a bind.

Yeah that's how I'd describe myself. That's how I worked. And I got burned every time. I've learned through repeated hard experience that you have to look out for yourself first.
    This exactly.

Edit: correction

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    If vacation/PTO pay is part of your compensation package, you have to take it or be paid out for it

It’s illegal form a company to take it without compensation.

It would be akin to your company shorting you money on a paycheck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ever wonder why so many companies are moving to "unlimited vacation" policies?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If vacation/PTO pay is part of your compensation package, you have to take it or be paid out for it

It’s illegal form a company to take it without compensation.

It would be akin to your company shorting you money on a paycheck.

Sort of. State employment law plays a big part in this. Sick/Vacation/PTO can be a benefit provided in addition to compensation or as tangible comp. CA requires it to be treated as earned comp, but not every state does.

In most states, accrued sick/vacation/PTO is left up the express contract with the employee. Absent that, written company policy is the precedent, and if neither exists, then any implied contracts, and finally previous company practices are looked at if EEOC or DOL is involved in a dispute.

If it’s sued for in local court, all bets ride on state law.

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I worked 10+ years for a national commercial developer. Ventured out on my own and for the balance of my professional life over 60% of my gross income came from contracts with that previous employer. Counting my blessings, that was my first professional employment after graduation and could not have been more perfect!!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom