Join TexasGunTalk

Ghosting companies

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Maverick44, Feb 11, 2020.

1. BMF500

BMF500 Matthew 10:34 TGT Supporter

Aug 21, 2019
    Pattison
    I started out that way, yet after years of being bought and sold and abused my loyalties lie solely with myself. My dedication to the Brand is only for the benefit of my crew and co-workers and their outlook is much the same. We strive to make each other's jobs as least difficult as possible. I never want to burn a bridge, but my main reason to not Ghost or drag up is I don't ever want to leave my crew in a bind.

This exactly.

Edit: correction

toddnjoyce, TheDan and jordanmills like this.
  2. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Ever wonder why so many companies are moving to "unlimited vacation" policies?

3. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Sort of. State employment law plays a big part in this. Sick/Vacation/PTO can be a benefit provided in addition to compensation or as tangible comp. CA requires it to be treated as earned comp, but not every state does.

In most states, accrued sick/vacation/PTO is left up the express contract with the employee. Absent that, written company policy is the precedent, and if neither exists, then any implied contracts, and finally previous company practices are looked at if EEOC or DOL is involved in a dispute.

If it’s sued for in local court, all bets ride on state law.

pronstar likes this.
  4. digger

digger Curmudgeon TGT Supporter

May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I worked 10+ years for a national commercial developer. Ventured out on my own and for the balance of my professional life over 60% of my gross income came from contracts with that previous employer. Counting my blessings, that was my first professional employment after graduation and could not have been more perfect!!

jordanmills and toddnjoyce like this.