• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smcbride014

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cypress, TX
    Hi All,

I do not own any guns, and I haven't even shot one myself, so I'm not aware of everything "gun". However, my father in law is an avid gun owner, and I am hoping to find him a neat accessory for Christmas.

In the past I have given him an initialed leather King Ranch pistol carrier and ammo cases. I have also gifted him a King Ranch rifle shirt (I did a lot of work down in King Ranch, so I was at the gift shop a lot ;) ).

He recently got an AR-15 (I think), and he has a various assortment of pistols. He does not hunt...or has only a few times...he just likes to collect and shoot.

Any thoughts? I'm struggling!!!!

Thank you!
    Sarah

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Hi All,

I do not own any guns, and I haven't even shot one myself, so I'm not aware of everything "gun". However, my father in law is an avid gun owner, and I am hoping to find him a neat accessory for Christmas.

In the past I have given him an initialed leather King Ranch pistol carrier and ammo cases. I have also gifted him a King Ranch rifle shirt (I did a lot of work down in King Ranch, so I was at the gift shop a lot ;) ).

He recently got an AR-15 (I think), and he has a various assortment of pistols. He does not hunt...or has only a few times...he just likes to collect and shoot.

Any thoughts? I'm struggling!!!!

Thank you!
    Sarah
    If he doesn't have a good place to shoot regularly, a gun range membership might be nice. You've definitely come to the right forum. Welcome, join in with the conversations.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Welcome to TGT.

A high quality knife is always a good choice.
    Gun guys usually dig knives as well so a nice quality folding knife is usally a hit.
    Check out Bladehq.com. You can get them with his initials engraved.

A high quality pair of small binoculars are another good choice. Leica, Ziess, etc make small pocket sized models that are very handy.

Lesser costs items could be a nice range bag.
    There are many types and choices.

Another possibility is a quality flashlight such as a Surefire.
    Don’t forget the batteries. LoL.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Lesser costs items could be a nice range bag.
    There are many types and choices.
    Sometimes it's cool to have one that's basically impractical but just feels luxurious. I like the Bagmaster bags and have one of their leather ones in each size they make. This is the middle size that I find I use all the time.

Note that it no longer appears you can order direct from Bagmaster. I've also seen Bagmaster bags made for other companies; Brownell's used to have a "signature" line of range bags that were just Bagmaster bags with a Brownells label on the side.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm not aware of everything "gun"
    None of us are. That's why some of the best gifts and investments for gun owners are books. Do you think he might like some references? I could recommend many, depending on what sort of library you think he already has.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Gotta love the Running W Saddle Shop.
    Can't go wrong with something from there.
    My dad managed it, and another of the Ranches businesses for almost 30 yrs.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I will second this one. I received a glass with a 30 cal bullet in the side. I love it.
    It’s what I was going to suggest but I saw AirrickJohnson (post #5) beat me to it.

I found a couple of Civil War Minnie balls growing up and always thought they’d look good embedded in a thick beer stein!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    None of us are. That's why some of the best gifts and investments for gun owners are books.
    Definitely. My oldest got me a book describing all the handguns and rifles used in the major named conflicts over the past ~200 years. Love that book.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics