Join TexasGunTalk

Gillespie County Fairgrounds now 30.06 & 30.07....

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by MikePotts, Nov 26, 2016.

1. MikePotts

MikePotts Active Member Lifetime Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Hill Country

Really?.....oops.

2. dennisz

dennisz Active Member

I just went to a gun show in Kerrville last weekend, show your CHL (LTC) and go on in armed, not sure if all the shows there are the same.
    If the Gillespie County fairgrounds are owned by the county, how can they legally post 30.06 and 30.07 signs?

3. Charlie

Charlie Kinda' Sorta' Literate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Waiting to hear the answer.

4. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
  5. Charlie

Charlie Kinda' Sorta' Literate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Answer to as to the legality of carrying. Simple question.

6. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    30.06 does not apply at gunshow since you do not need a LTC to carry at gun show.

7. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    We were out in Fredericksburg today having lunch at the Hangar Cafe (great place and highly recommended!) and saw the signs for the gun show. The 30.06/30.07 signs are still posted at the entryway of the fairgrounds, but given they are owned by the county, they are in violation of Texas Senate Bill 273 and I ignored them.

I did leave my pistol in the car as my wife and youngest son were waiting in it while my oldest boy and I checked out the show. We weren't in there long, maybe 15-20 minutes at the most. The only thing interesting I saw was a shaved Webley Mk VI which I had no interest in.

There was also a guy selling deployment t-shirts from Iraq and Afghanistan, and we talked with him for a bit and learned we were both in Sarajevo at the same time (I in the military and he working for AAFES).

At least we had a great lunch, not only eating but watching all the civil aviation traffic going in and out of Fredericksburg airport!

Cheers! M2

8. Thegomezclan

Thegomezclan Well-Known

Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    It might be that they also have horse racing there, only for about 5 weekends a year.

9. wakal

wakal Dreadnaught Industries LLC

Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I don't know if this is the situation in this instance, but one way local government antigunners have been weaseling around the plain language of the law and the clearly stated intent of Attorney General to enforce that law...is to lease the property to a non-government entity. That entity then then uses the (government-owned building's) address on the assorted forms and permits and posts according to that status. The Corpus Christi Aquarium, for example, is posted as a 51% location all day, every day because the City leases the property after hours for special events, and the special event company has a bar. The Dallas Zoo went to court against the TxAG and won because the city had subcontracted management of the city owned zoo, and the subcontractor posted it (not the city).

Good tricks. Directly against the plain language and the stated intent of the law, but sneaky enough to get a gun-hating judge to follow along.

10. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Well-Known

Aug 26, 2016
    • Our Brazoria County Fairgrounds sineage apparenty changes depending on the event going on, is what we have noticed.