Target Sports

'Gimme all your s--t': 17-year-old allegedly robbed S.A. man during pre-arranged gun trade

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm tellin' y'all, camo grips on anything is just askin' for trouble. :laughing:

According to his arrest affidavit, Valdez and the alleged victim arranged a gun trade through a Facebook group on April 4 around 11:40 p.m. Valdez agreed to trade a Draco AK-47 pistol in exchange for the victim's Rock Island 1911 .45 caliber pistol equipped with camo grips and a laser sight.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...S-A-man-gun-trade-11222375.php?ipid=artrecirc
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...S-A-man-gun-trade-11222375.php?ipid=artrecirc

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Ummmm I'm sorry, but do people really do this kind of thing in today's world. Who in their right mind shows up to any kind of FTF exchange with a complete stranger at night in an unknown location. Guess this guy hasn't heard of the Craig's List issues. Guy is lucky to be alive. Hope the 17 YO gets the max possible jail time for the robbery and whatever gun charges they can stack up to keep him in ass-pound ville for a long time. Although it's SA so I'm guessing he'll get a hand slap and be back stealing stuff and attacking people in no time.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Ummmm I'm sorry, but do people really do this kind of thing in today's world. Who in their right mind shows up to any kind of FTF exchange with a complete stranger at night in an unknown location. Guess this guy hasn't heard of the Craig's List issues. Guy is lucky to be alive. Hope the 17 YO gets the max possible jail time for the robbery and whatever gun charges they can stack up to keep him in ass-pound ville for a long time. Although it's SA so I'm guessing he'll get a hand slap and be back stealing stuff and attacking people in no time.

Agreed...night....unkown location to the seller.....Can't be too safe anymore.....period...

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The only issue I have is it being night and not making the trade in a well lit parking lot.

But even then you have to be careful.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    ^yep. I bought a rifle off of an unknown guy in SA a couple of months ago. I figured a Valero on the side of I-35 at 4:00 in the afternoon was good. No problem. I was armed and vigilant though.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I also ask if they are a member here or similar forum, and if they have any feedback, which I check.

Yes, they could claim to be someone else with good feedback, but if I am also a member of that forum I ask them to send me a PM.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yes! Be careful of anyone wanting to meet at night or where very few people are around. And yes, I would be armed, but then I would have to ask myself "is it really worth it?".

Top Bottom