Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I actually heard him talk about that a few months ago on his podcast. He would make a good justice though.

I think he'd be great. But yeah, seems to be a no-go.

The whole idea with Amy Barrett is that she's got experience at the Circuit level, and she's a woman, so she's the replacement for RBG or any female, and there's no "metoo" BS.

But with her being kinda anti-abortion, we'll lose Murkowski, Collins and of course Mittens. Might lose some other Rs that are in tight election races -- remember, 35 seats are up this year, or something crazy like that. If Mitch had time, maybe he could make it work, but now???? Yikes.

So maybe a male replacement, I'd love Don Willett to serve on SCOTUS, but then Trump is a woman-hater, etc, etc

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Crap! Hearing that Grassly is not willing to confirm this close to the election

Which is politician-speak for "I require a large bribe"

We don't have the votes, and we don't have a lot of time -- this might not happen

RBG, why couldn't you have just retired a year ago?

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I sent Cruz a email. Maybe we should all contact him and urge him to reconsider.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I think he'd be great. But yeah, seems to be a no-go.

The whole idea with Amy Barrett is that she's got experience at the Circuit level, and she's a woman, so she's the replacement for RBG or any female, and there's no "metoo" BS.

But with her being kinda anti-abortion, we'll lose Murkowski, Collins and of course Mittens. Might lose some other Rs that are in tight election races -- remember, 35 seats are up this year, or something crazy like that. If Mitch had time, maybe he could make it work, but now???? Yikes.

So maybe a male replacement, I'd love Don Willett to serve on SCOTUS, but then Trump is a woman-hater, etc, etc

Murkowski already said she would vote no

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    RIP Justice Ginsberg - she certainly was a tough old bird.

Unfortunately the ugliness factor of the upcoming election just doubled or tripled.

Conservatives & republicans shouldn’t get their hopes up though, the liberal rinos won’t vote to confirm a nominee before inauguration day.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I'm not sure if this is real or not, but if so, it's just Mitch being Mitch:

page-2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom