• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I hope Trump nominates a woman. Definitely not a senator, we need every vote.

I want to see the Dems come up with some demented "witness" who will accuse the woman of raping a frat rat thirty years ago...

Took three months to get Kavanaugh across the line. If some R's are scared about an impact on their reelection, don't hold the vote until after the election.

Again, we can stand three defections (Pence would cast the deciding vote, think I mistakenly said "four" in an earlier post). So that lets Collins and Murkowski off the hook, plus one other. And if a woman is nominated, that might rope in those two.

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I'm thinking Trump is going to play another game of 3D chess. Think about it. If the left is already talking more riots, talking about obstruction and general mayhem,,,,ok. Wait a few days and let them bury her. Hint at the possibility. Let them build up the rhetoric and make their threats. When they are done posturing, call them on it and make a nomination. Make them put up or shut up and show their true colors.
    And make a big speech about how Obama did the same thing, perfectly legal, and they cheered it.
    The Trump haters and never Trumpers are rioting already. If it gets worse, they show what they really want. It isn't he rule of law. But the law of the jungle.
    This, at this time, has the potential to be HUGE for the Right. IF they don't lose their nerve.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    He definitely has in the mind the end game. He knew this was coming and had updated his list only ten days ago:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...If some R's are scared about an impact on their reelection, don't hold the vote until after the election...
    Pretty risky; on the off chance Trump doesn’t win, the vote won’t occur or will fail, especially if there are incumbent losses in the Senate.

It’d be a damn good idea to know what it takes to politically to get a confirmation before the election.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Dems citing the situation about Obummer not getting his nominee at the end will leave out the little fact that they did NOT control the senate. Republicans do, making this different.

The words “elections have consequences “ is a hard pill for the minority party to swallow....and we know this all too well.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Pretty risky; on the off chance Trump doesn’t win, the vote won’t occur or will fail, especially if there are incumbent losses in the Senate.

It’d be a damn good idea to know what it takes to politically to get a confirmation before the election.
    No. Read again.

After the election. NOT after the new senate is seated.

Between election day and the end of the year, Trump and the current senators remain in office.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Joe said publicly he is developing a list of black women for the slot. MLK said, "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. " Even finding 20 Dems with character irrespective of race/gender will take Joe longer than he has on this earth.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Joe said publicly he is developing a list of black women for the slot. MLK said, "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. " Even finding 20 Dems with character irrespective of race/gender will take Joe longer than he has on this earth.

Biden must be delusional in thinking he's going to get to pick the next sitting justice on the SC!

Remember, this is the man that thought the only qualifications for a VP were that they were a woman, and black!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    No. Read again.

After the election. NOT after the new senate is seated.

Between election day and the end of the year, Trump and the current senators remain in office.

I did read it. Depending on the results, there may not be the political will needed to get a confirmation.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm sure this morning, more than a few Democrats are totally freaking out, wondering what Trump is going to do. Knowing that Biden has next to a zero chance of winning the election November, unless they cheat.

Politically, I think this puts them in very dangerous place. What if no replacement justice is confirmed? What if they get the election hung up because of having to count "mail-in" ballots, and it has to go to the SC court for a ruling as to who won the election? What if that happens, and it's dead-locked 4 to 4? Who would be in authority to decide then?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I'm sure this morning, more than a few Democrats are totally freaking out, wondering what Trump is going to do. Knowing that Biden has next to a zero chance of winning the election November, unless they cheat.

Politically, I think this puts them in very dangerous place. What if no replacement justice is confirmed? What if they get the election hung up because of having to count "mail-in" ballots, and it has to go to the SC court for a ruling as to who won the election? What if that happens, and it's dead-locked 4 to 4? Who would be in authority to decide then?
    Good question! In a tied ruling it counts as no ruling. Guess the one with the most ammo wins!

Actually it's the ruling of the lower court that would stand? 9th Circuit?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom