Not open for further replies.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Here's what I'm saying.... Don't self-impose rules that the other side will not abide by nor honor.

Case in point - Oh'bla'bla n' Bi'den imposed rules on our military regarding ISIS. ISIS didn't even say "Thanks, you dumb asses" ISIS Caliphate and and regional influence grew larger every day.

Enter President Donald J. Trump. He looked around, said "Phuk this" then instructed the U.S. Military to "kick their ass" - which the military promptly did. As ISIS learned it real damn hard to get all offensive when you're all tied up being defensive. The U.S. did not violate the "Rules of War" but, after Trump showed up, the handcuffs were removed. "IF" we could start getting real charges brought against key Democrats and key intelligence officials. Put their ass in prison. Democrats would be standing in line to rat on someone else to keep from going to prison. They'd look a whole lot like those antifa bitches every time a round goes off and one of their's drops to the ground.
    In three years time, there has not been a single significant charge brought against any democrat by our feckless bunch of republicans in the house or senate. Had two years where the had house, senate and POTUS and we didn't do anything. Lindsey Graham has been running his mouth with his "stay tuned" message for 4 years now and we have nothing to show for it.
    I'm quite concerned that we can even keep control of the senate this time, and could easily lose the white house as well. If that happens, we are totally screwed. So, I'm not willing to support this business of getting anything against key democrats and key intelligence officials. Republicans are not competent and they will be totally out of positions of control after this next election if we lose senate and POTUS.
    Target Sports

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Right...like that's going to happen. You can tell that by what is already going on in Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, California, New York, Chicago and many other communist cities, statehood for Washington DC and Puerto Rico to stack the Senate.
    I have zero faith in republicans having a spine. I will be happily surprised, but im not holding my breath.

If you can find my comment above, i dont even trust the senate actually follow thru ans replace RBG.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I have zero faith in republicans having a spine. I will be happily surprised, but im not holding my breath.

If you can find my comment above, i dont even trust the senate actually follow thru and replace RBG.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    You will see by my prior post that I am in total agreement with you about the spineless republicans.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Something to consider is actually getting a hearing and vote, but the vote doesn’t result in approval of the nomination.

McConnell has to be damn near 100% certain the nominee will be approved to hold the vote.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I suppose the point was - The Republicans have the information to bring charges against a multitude of Dimms. That have plenty of intel to bring charges. Whether it's sticks and brings a conviction is actually irrelevant. They'd be so busy defending that it'd take the attack right out of them - for the most part.

Ahhh Yes! O'l loud mouth Lindsey. I guess it was about 4 years ago it/he started making noise. In the beginning I was all "HELL YEA Lindsey!!!! Bust their ass!!!! At some point I realized who/what he was/is. A loud mouth dog barking so he can get petted. I expect zilch from Loud Mouth Lindsey!

And about replacing RBG. It is absolutely correct McConnell be damn sure he has the votes. If he doesn't and the nominee is rejected by the Senate. Well.... there goes one Nominee.... It ain't like good SCOTUS Justice candidates are some kinna low hanging fruit. The really good ones are far and few between.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I suppose the point was - The Republicans have the information to bring charges against a multitude of Dimms. That have plenty of intel to bring charges. Whether it's sticks and brings a conviction is actually irrelevant.
    Bring charges ? Bring charges where ?

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    With the hard core Democrat voters, yes, I totally agree with you. They are going to vote for Biden because the Democrat party is telling them to vote for Biden.
    Some will. Yet I think one good outcome this round is that a lot of loyal, traditional Dems have finally realized that their party left them and not the other way around. This is nothing like the party of JFK and many are being forced to admit it.
    Then they get to confront the Devil's Choice of throwing away votes to the Green Party or Libertarian or jumping on the opposition...

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    In the appropriate criminal court....
    I'm not disputing you but could you please give me an example of anything significant that democrats have done that would be chargeable in a criminal court ?

I'm just having a problem thinking about something that the a democrat has done that a criminal charge would be appropriate for.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I'm not disputing you but could you please give me an example of anything significant that democrats have done that would be chargeable in a criminal court ?

I'm just having a problem thinking about something that the a democrat has done that a criminal charge would be appropriate for.

off the top of my head.

deleting 30K emails that might be related to a criminal case.

Insurrection

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I watched the much longer livestream of this and thought it was worth it. Viva Frei and Robert Barnes are a couple of lawyers who are pretty insightful and plainspoken. Nevertheless, it took them ~45 minutes to just scratch the surface of the whole subject of RBG's death and what will happen next. Barnes makes a good case for Lagoa.

I think it's worth the time it takes to watch but, as always, YMMV.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    off the top of my head.

deleting 30K emails that might be related to a criminal case.

Insurrection
    So did you see how fast they were able to bring criminal charges on that one? Even Bill Barr has not touched that one.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Yea, that's probably one of the most obvious and Wray and Barr have not done anything and as near as I can tell don't have any plans to do so.

Got any examples where any of this has gone to court and led to any kind of penalties ? Only people who have gone to jail under the current administration have been republicans and Trump people.

Republicans are incompetent and/or idiots about following through on any of this. Why aren't rioters, looters, arsonists and BLM and Antifa people in prison and being tried for crimes ?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    734552C1-266C-494F-9AFD-BA2F02893AE6.jpeg

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Yea, that's probably one of the most obvious and Wray and Barr have not done anything and as near as I can tell don't have any plans to do so.

Got any examples where any of this has gone to court and led to any kind of penalties ? Only people who have gone to jail under the current administration have been republicans and Trump people.

Republicans are incompetent and/or idiots about following through on any of this. Why aren't rioters, looters, arsonists and BLM and Antifa people in prison and being tried for crimes ?

What about the FBI Dweeb that plead guilty ?

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    What about the FBI Dweeb that plead guilty ?
    But that's so insignificant that you can't even remember his name. He was in fact a dweeb and putting him away for 100 years won't change anything.

The statement was, "I'd prefer we catch them cheating and throw them in jail. Make a big public display and shame the Dem party. "

How much public display and shame did that insignificant little twerp cast on the democrats ?

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...Then they get to confront the Devil's Choice of throwing away votes to the Green Party or Libertarian or jumping on the opposition...
    Or stay at home and not vote.

I’m beginning to wonder if that’s going to be factor. Saw today that something like 56% of likely R voters are highly motivated to vote compared to 35% of the largest likely group of communist voters.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I watched the much longer livestream of this and thought it was worth it. Viva Frei and Robert Barnes are a couple of lawyers who are pretty insightful and plainspoken. Nevertheless, it took them ~45 minutes to just scratch the surface of the whole subject of RBG's death and what will happen next. Barnes makes a good case for Lagoa.

I think it's worth the time it takes to watch but, as always, YMMV.

Saw it, and thought it was deeply flawed as regards Lagoa and Barrett.

Barnes clearly has emotional issues against rich people. He cites Barrett coming from the "moneyed South" as if that's an obvious negative, and no one from the moneyed South could possibly be a good person. Blatant bias. If he exposed the same bias against blacks or women, he'd have been banned from Youtube. Listen to the video starting at 37:36.

He says Barrett supported the Illinois government covid lockdown, ok, that sounds bad, but we don't know how Lagoa would have ruled on that same lockdown, so it's not a point of comparison.

He says Barrett "never saw a government interest to which she did not bow" but he is proven to be lying or ignorant of the facts because her dissent was against the government preventing non-violent felons from regaining their 2A rights.

He says that Barrett clerking for Justice Scalia is evidence that Barrett is playing some game, or following a script rather than demonstrating some true belief, but there's no evidence that Lagoa isn't also following some script. And of course he has no proof or even evidence of any of his accusations against Barrett.

Clerking for one of the most famous originalist SCOTUS Justices of all time shows that she's conservative and was smart enough to beat out a million other law students who would have killed for that clerkship. Barnes has issues.

Not saying Barrett is The Answer, just saying the Barnes is probably not the right person to be listening to about Barrett.

The Barrett / Lagoa thing is tough. Barrett clearly has warts, but at least she wrote a pro-2A, originalist dissent. Lagoa has done nothing regarding the 2A, she could easily be anti-2A for all we know. However, she'll probably help bring in votes from Florida, which is critical to re-electing Trump.

I liked Barnes' recognition of Allison Rushing. She's a total rock star conservative judge (and only 38!!!), but like Lagoa, not enough time yet at the federal level.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom