388D4AB1-4889-44E4-BD5F-0F670E6A62E8.jpeg
    Gun Zone Deals

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    So, we get the majority in Congress(Senate&House) and the Presidency I'm all in on a Constitutional Amendment that sets a limit of 9 Justices on the bench of the Supreme Court!

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    So, we get the majority in Congress(Senate&House) and the Presidency I'm all in on a Constitutional Amendment that sets a limit of 9 Justices on the bench of the Supreme Court!
    Unfortunately (or maybe even fortunately) it takes a lot more than just a majority in the House and Senate. It requires approval by 2/3 majority in the House and the Senate followed by approval by 3/4 of the states.

....never going to happen.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Unfortunately (or maybe even fortunately) it takes a lot more than just a majority in the House and Senate. It requires approval by 2/3 majority in the House and the Senate followed by approval by 3/4 of the states.

....never going to happen.
    Yes... I was aware of the of the requirements to get an amendment implemented. I'm curious why you added (maybe even fortunately) in your comment? Yes... I realize it's a pipe dream.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Yes... I was aware of the of the requirements to get an amendment implemented. I'm curious why you added (maybe even fortunately) in your comment? Yes... I realize it's a pipe dream.
    Its fortune that its not easy to amend the constitution. It wouldnt have survived the obama years if it was easy...... Probably wouldnt have lived to see obama

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Its fortune that its not easy to amend the constitution.

And not just the Constitution. The entire government was structured by the Founding Fathers with the clear intent that all changes would be difficult, so that only the minimum, necessary changes could ever gain cooperation between so many competing interests.

But the Constitution, at this point, is virtually impossible to amend. I did the math a long time ago, but something like 2% of the population of America can prevent any amendment to the Constitution, even if the other 98% wants it, provided it's the right 2%. Even Justice Scalia said that amending the Constitution is too difficult, but at this point, that's very much in our favor, because the left would dump the 2A in a heartbeat if they could.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    And not just the Constitution. The entire government was structured by the Founding Fathers with the clear intent that all changes would be difficult, so that only the minimum, necessary changes could ever gain cooperation between so many competing interests.

But the Constitution, at this point, is virtually impossible to amend. I did the math a long time ago, but something like 2% of the population of America can prevent any amendment to the Constitution, even if the other 98% wants it, provided it's the right 2%. Even Justice Scalia said that amending the Constitution is too difficult, but at this point, that's very much in our favor, because the left would dump the 2A in a heartbeat if they could.
    Soooo... Trump can just write an Executive Order!!!! LOL... I'm only kidding.... I'm only kidding!!!! I agree it ain't gonna happen. And I further agree it's probably a good thing that it won't.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Its fortune that its not easy to amend the constitution. It wouldnt have survived the obama years if it was easy...... Probably wouldnt have lived to see obama

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Unlike our Reconstruction constitution with 507 successful amendments to date.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom