• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    And, yet, many believe that once she is pregnant, the woman has already made several very key decisions.
    Decisions that do not lead to up to a "choice", whether by government or individual.

Personally, I am pro-life, so that essentially makes me against abortion for the most part.

I believe such decisions should be between a woman, her doctor and God.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    You might want to read up on her views on abortion. She was more in line with that this was a woman's decision to make, not the governments.

Abortion rights
    Ginsburg discussed her views on abortion and gender equality in a 2009 New York Times interview, in which she said about abortion "[t]he basic thing is that the government has no business making that choice for a woman."[76] Although Ginsburg consistently supported abortion rights and joined in the court's opinion striking down Nebraska's partial-birth abortion law in Stenberg v. Carhart, 530 U.S. 914 (2000), on the 40th anniversary of the court's ruling in Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), she criticized the decision in Roe as terminating a nascent democratic movement to liberalize abortion laws which might have built a more durable consensus in support of abortion rights.[77] Ginsburg was in the minority for Gonzales v. Carhart, 550 U.S. 124 (2007), a 5–4 decision upholding restrictions on partial birth abortion. In her dissent, Ginsburg opposed the majority's decision to defer to legislative findings that the procedure was not safe for women. Ginsburg focused her ire on the way Congress reached its findings and with the veracity of the findings.[78] Joining the majority for Whole Woman's Health v. Hellerstedt, 579 U.S. 15-274 (2016), a case which struck down parts of a 2013 Texas law regulating abortion providers, Ginsburg also authored a short concurring opinion which was even more critical of the legislation at issue.[79] She asserted the legislation was not aimed at protecting women's health, as Texas had said, but rather to impede women's access to abortions
    That is a chickenshit way out of taking responsibility for "YOUR"(RGB's) decision. Either you believe in murder or you don't. Can't have it both ways. If you permit it, AND you have to ability to stop it, are you not complicit in the event?

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    4j1-z1pqg2h_t3.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    That is a chickenshit way out of taking responsibility for "YOUR"(RGB's) decision. Either you believe in murder or you don't. Can't have it both ways. If you permit it, AND you have to ability to stop it, are you not complicit in the event?

Doug, abortion is a very complicated and complex issue. Many of the women supporting wholesale abortion, yes IMO are advocating murder on grand scale.

But, I don't think that can or does apply to every case where abortion is done. What about rape victims? or women that got pregnant from incest? Or cases where they are medical issues to the mother or child?

Abortion used as means of birth control, and not taking responsibility for a person's choices, is very wrong. That part of abortion I do condemn. That is nothing more than murder. And there are other options for such pregnancies other than abortion. Adoption comes to mind.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Like her or hate her.

She does deserve respect the woman stood her ground on what she believed. I wish more people were like that.

I agree with her on very few things but she has the right as an American to have her views.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Like her or hate her.

She does deserve respect the woman stood her ground on what she believed. I wish more people were like that.

I agree with her on very few things but she has the right as an American to have her views.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

She did stand up on rights of the 4th Amendment pretty often.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Doug, abortion is a very complicated and complex issue. Many of the women supporting wholesale abortion, yes IMO are advocating murder on grand scale.

But, I don't think that can or does apply to every case where abortion is done. What about rape victims? or women that got pregnant from incest? Or cases where they are medical issues to the mother or child?

Abortion used as means of birth control, and not taking responsibility for a person's choices, is very wrong. That part of abortion I do condemn. That is nothing more than murder. And there are other options for such pregnancies other than abortion. Adoption comes to mind.
    I respect your opinion though it differs from mine. Adoption is a key solution to unwanted pregnancies. So is birth control methods. Some think even that, birth control, is wrong. I don't. I find it much more preferable to murder. But... we drift here. My original comment was in response to your comment that RGB was a "that's a woman's decision" and I said that's a chickenshit way out of taking responsibility out of the decision she made. Nothing changed in that regard. Make abortion a crime, Murder in the 1st. Then... I'll support your position "it's a woman's choice"! Yeah, that'll work!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Like her or hate her.

Under that definition of "deserves respect" you're gonna have to respect O'mama, Harris, Biden, Hiliary Et Al..... because they're sho'nuff standing their ground. And have since the beginning of time.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I respect your opinion though it differs from mine. Adoption is a key solution to unwanted pregnancies. So is birth control methods. Some think even that, birth control, is wrong. I don't. I find it much more preferable to murder. But... we drift here. My original comment was in response to your comment that RGB was a "that's a woman's decision" and I said that's a chickenshit way out of taking responsibility out of the decision she made. Nothing changed in that regard. Make abortion a crime, Murder in the 1st. Then... I'll support your position "it's a woman's choice"! Yeah, that'll work!

I understand what you're saying and I do agree with you for the most part.

Abortion used as means of birth control because a person didn't or wouldn't take responsibility for their decisions is murder IMO as well.

A woman that gets pregnant, simply because she's an irresponsible slut, then wants an abortion is murder!

But, what in the cases of rape, or incest, or medical or health issues to the mother, or the child? These are the cases where abortion may be the best option. These are cases IMO, where it gets very complex, and I think are choices the woman, and her doctor and God need to make those decisions. Not the laws or government.

Further, abortion should never be funded in any way by the government. Nancy has been pushing that down our throats for years. She wants more government funding for abortion clinics, to make it easier for women making poor choices to have access to getting an abortion.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Under that definition of "deserves respect" you're gonna have to respect O'mama, Harris, Biden, Hiliary Et Al..... because they're sho'nuff standing their ground. And have since the beginning of time.

They simply hold their ground for money and power. If it involves an opportunity to make more of either, they would change their minds on any issue faster than you can spit.

Kamala Harris has already proven that when she accepted being Biden's running mate. Wasn't just a few months ago, She jumped on the #MeToo train against Biden! Now she's his running mate?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom