• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I respect your opinion though it differs from mine. Adoption is a key solution to unwanted pregnancies. So is birth control methods. Some think even that, birth control, is wrong. I don't. I find it much more preferable to murder. But... we drift here. My original comment was in response to your comment that RGB was a "that's a woman's decision" and I said that's a chickenshit way out of taking responsibility out of the decision she made. Nothing changed in that regard. Make abortion a crime, Murder in the 1st. Then... I'll support your position "it's a woman's choice"! Yeah, that'll work!
    There can be no resolution of the abortion issue but we should understand the mindset of RBG. Catholics believe that life begins at conception, Jews believe a fetus is not human until delivery of the shoulder at birth. So, we have this huge in between gap. In general, legal definition of personhood does not go to a fetus. We do not give a tax exemption when there is a miscarriage or a intrauterine death. After delivery of a liveborn personhood in law begins. What some call a baby others call a fetus. So we have these very big hurdles in religion to overcome (and I don't expect they will be overcome). RBG was Jewish and her religious beliefs are obviously different than Catholic theology. We all agree that people have the right to their religious beliefs. I hope so anyhow.
    Target Sports

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Under that definition of "deserves respect" you're gonna have to respect O'mama, Harris, Biden, Hiliary Et Al..... because they're sho'nuff standing their ground. And have since the beginning of time.

you have to be kidding the slime you listed flip flop on everything to fit what they want done.

It seemed to me with Ruth what you saw is what you got.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    you have to be kidding the slime you listed flip flop on everything to fit what they want done.

It seemed to me with Ruth what you saw is what you got.
    Consider this a retraction of my statment.... You're right. I never got the feeling the RBG was political. Her liberal bent was genuine. Or at least appeared so.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Folks, this is a valuable thread with lots of good posts. But if it gets sidetracked into a holy war on abortion all the useful stuff will get lost in the noise. I'll have no choice but to lock the thread.

If y'all want to discuss abortion, start another thread.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Folks, this is a valuable thread with lots of good posts. But if it gets sidetracked into a holy war on abortion all the useful stuff will get lost in the noise. I'll have no choice but to lock the thread.

Good Idea. I think the only reason abortion became part of the discussion was because of Ginsburg's opinions and rulings on abortion.

That aside, I would rather see a justice sitting that is more pro-life in their opinions on abortion sitting on the Supreme Court.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA

Agreed... I think, in this instance, the discussion had pretty much run it's useful course and jest mite'a been headed for the ditch!

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Time for the real fatwa -- even Mitt Romney is willing to vote on the Trump's nominee (nb Mitt did not say he would vote for Trump's nominee)

We will certainly have a vote, whether or not we get a decent Justice -- that is another matter.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Sounds like Mitch has the votes lined up. He may let Murkowski and Collins off the hook, but will still have the 51.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Apparently "most" of the seated Senators have figured out why they were elected/re-elected last time! Hope they don't forget between now and show time!

Starting to look like it took Trump ~4 years of fertilizing to grow balls(or ovaries) on some'a them sum'bitches!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Most TX laws would be unconstitutional, so they make them amendments.

Not really. The TX constitution lacks the necessary and proper clause, severely restricting .gov power, and then provides am easy way to amend it by popular vote. Different philosophies at different times for different reasons.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Personally, I am pro-life, so that essentially makes me against abortion for the most part.

I believe such decisions should be between a woman, her doctor and God.

Personally I am pro-life, so that essentially makes me against murder for the most part.

I beleive such decisions should be between the murderer, the victim and God.

Abortion is either taking a life or it is not. It is either murder (except in perhaps an extreme few cases where the mother's life actually is at risk) or it is not.

I beleive life begins at conception, the only grace I can give is until there is a heart beat or brain activity. Once it is life there can is no logically consistency saying I am pro-life but OK if someone else kills it.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Personally I am pro-life, so that essentially makes me against murder for the most part.

I beleive such decisions should be between the murderer, the victim and God.

Abortion is either taking a life or it is not. It is either murder (except in perhaps an extreme few cases where the mother's life actually is at risk) or it is not.

I beleive life begins at conception, the only grace I can give is until there is a heart beat or brain activity. Once it is life there can is no logically consistency saying I am pro-life but OK if someone else kills it.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

I'm not going to discuss the issues of abortion further in this thread, as we have been asked nicely not to and to start an additional thread concerning that topic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom