• Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Please forgive the link source

'Don't mess with the marching band girls' - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Saw this story on the morning news (HLN network morning show). Good for her. What was best was in her interview she said (paraphrased), "I had my baton; I had a weapon so I used it. I didn't want to get raped or kidnapped".

That girl got it right! She had the right mindset and attitude to use what she had to defend herself. Good for her.

I see a perfect future firearm owner Someone teach her how to shoot!
    Venture Surplus ad

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    She better be ccareful, the use of a weapon to defend yourself against ill meaning thugs is severly looked down upon...... I can see it now, case studies will soon prevent students from carrying marching band related items, including instruments, as they may be used as (gasp) weapons....

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I see a perfect future firearm owner Someone teach her how to shoot

+1...Saw this on the news this morning. My ten year old thought she was "awesome".

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    She better be ccareful, the use of a weapon to defend yourself against ill meaning thugs is severly looked down upon......

Actually, using a baton as a weapon could be a felony in her home state. As soon as you swing it at someone, it's considered a billy club.

CA's weapons laws are screwed up. They even banned at least one weapon that doesn't exist.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Actually, using a baton as a weapon could be a felony in her home state. As soon as you swing it at someone, it's considered a billy club.

CA's weapons laws are screwed up. They even banned at least one weapon that doesn't exist.[/quote]

What weapon is that?

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Charging her would discourage a lot of do-gooders. People will not want to risk tying up their personal finances, time away from work, and the general stress that comes with entanglement in the court system.

While I was personally disgusted by the lack of action by the NYC workers during the subway rape, I can understand their resistance to getting involved.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Charging her would discourage a lot of do-gooders.

In CA, that's all the more reason to do it. I think they'd get some backlash on this one, though. The victim is too media-friendly and very easy for people to stand behind.

If it was a grown white man, though...

Top Bottom