Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    • 1958–1971 (1st issue)
    • 1971–1975 (2nd issue)
    • 1993–present (3rd issue)

Bearcat 1st issue

The original Bearcat featured a fixed Patridge front sight and a square notched rear. It was made with an alloy solid frame and an uncheckered walnut grip. It also features music wire coil springs and a non-fluted engraved cylinder.

Bearcat 2nd issue
    The Bearcat 2nd issue was marketed as an improved version of the original Bearcat, and renamed the Super Bearcat; it featured an all-steel frame rather than an alloy frame.

Bearcat 3rd issue
    The Bearcat 3rd issue, also known as the New Bearcat, is Ruger's reintroduced model which came out in 1993. It features smooth rosewood grips with a Ruger medallion embedded. The New Bearcat also incorporated Ruger's new transfer bar safety system. It was briefly offered with an additional .22 WMR cylinder, which was recalled by Ruger due to a safety concern. Those which were not returned to Ruger now command higher prices for collectors.

Around 2003, Ruger began offering the Bearcat in stainless steel.

In 2008, a 50th Anniversary edition was released with gold-filled script and special engravings, with 2,539 units produced.

In 2015, Ruger introduced a variant of the Bearcat with adjustable sights, addressing a longstanding criticism of the limitations of the fixed sights.
    Capitol Armory ad

TheEnglishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    There's a small, but growing group of people in Britian who are wanting the right to arm themselves. Unfortunately I can't see it happening for them anytime soon.

And while my gun collection is small and they're probably some of the cheaper guns on the market, they're mine and there's no chance of me giving them up. I'm kinda sad that this person who foolishly gave up his right to defend himself and his family is a fellow Englishman

Last edited:

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    There's a small, but growing group of people in Britian who are wanting the right to arm themselves. Unfortunately I can't see it happening for them anytime soon.

And while my gun collection is small and they're probably some of the cheaper guns on the market, they're mine and there's no chance of me giving them up. I'm kinda sad that this person who foolishly gave up his right to defend himself and his family is a fellow Englishman

Won't happen as long as political correctness dominates the culture.

Also, check out this stupid shit:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/huge-arsenal-weapons-posing-significant-13671590

Thats what they call a "huge arsenal" across the pond. Most of those are literally airsoft guns. 6000 round of ammunition and a few guns and they're giving this man who has committed no violent crime 5 years behind bars. I'm guessing some folks over there would faint if they knew what I keep at home. Lmfao

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/huge-arsenal-weapons-posing-significant-13671590

Thats what they call a "huge arsenal" across the pond. Most of those are literally airsoft guns. 6000 round of ammunition and a few guns and they're giving this man who has committed no violent crime 5 years behind bars. I'm guessing some folks over there would faint if they knew what I keep at home. Lmfao

My in-laws are British. My father-in-law once told me he had trouble sleeping in our house for the first 10 years they visited because he knew I had guns. He couldn't sleep well until he figured out everything was in the gun safe.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    My in-laws are British. My father-in-law once told me he had trouble sleeping in our house for the first 10 years they visited because he knew I had guns. He couldn't sleep well until he figured out everything was in the gun safe.

Did you guys have an awkward relationship?

TheEnglishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2016
    Just wait for some government official to state that its 'in the interest of public safety'

I'm guessing the reason they ask for an ID when buying a knife is because once someone reaches the age of 18 they automatically become law abiding citizens who turn their backs on the previous life of crime

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

And look at our laws to see how many can have you thrown in jail for committing a victimless crime.

Having an unregistered suppressor will get you in more trouble. You never have to threaten anyone or use it for any purpose other than to protect your hearing. Hell, you don't even have to use it. Same with SBR, SBS, AOW, and machine guns. You can get years of federal prison for simply being in possession of the wrong item while harming no one.

I'd say 90% of our laws fall in this insane category, though I haven't done the work to see if I'm right. Just a hunch.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Yet to their unacknowledged credit, these governments seem to be on the right track. There are no headlines reporting suppressor-aided attacks in the US, nor butter knife attacks in the UK.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    How would an ID help? Unless they actully do some kind of background check when you buy butter knives.

Names on ID and milk-derivative use permit must match the name on your dull metallic weapons permit. And don't forget the VAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    How would an ID help? Unless they actully do some kind of background check when you buy butter knives.
    It is all about age limits like buying alcohol. Some years back there were a series of stabbing incidents in schools (yes surprise surprise if people don't have access to guns they find another way to harm one another) so the government banned the sale of knives of any kind to anyone of school age. The problem with UK governments of either political party is they feel they have to follow the UK MSM mantra of which is absolutely all forms of risk must be eliminated from society. It won't be long before it becomes illegal to get out of bed without first putting on a crash helmet.

I once had an argument with a co-worker in UK on the subject of weapons control. I suggested to him that I was sure that After a few visits to a couple of DIY/hardware stores I could build a fairly effective flame thrower using a mixture of fire extinguisher/plumbing/auto parts creating a weapon capable of doing some serious harm to a lot of people in a short amount of time. His reaction what that the government should then put controls on the sale of such parts!!!!!!

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Shouldn't the UK have a a lower murder rate than any country that has much larger per capita guns? That is their logic it seems. Well made video.

Since guns are banned, one could also assume that gun crimes don't happen. That assumption would be incorrect.

"Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/20/official-figures-show-biggest-rise-crime-in-a-decade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Let your UK buddies check out this video. If they care about REAL gender equality and not bullshit 3rd wave feminism.

"In the UK burglars prefer occupied homes because thats where they'll have a greater chance of finding wallets and cash. In the US burglars prefer unoccupied homes for fear of getting shot."

Top Bottom