Give me a personal brief review/recommendation on the Aimpoint PRO...please.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    No complaints whatsoever. I got mine when it first hit the shelfs from g and r. I'm still on the first battery and have never turned it off. I was planning on a different mount but after getting my hands on it decided this mount is fine. No complaints here.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Also no complaints.

You pay $400 for a small red dot.

I wish the front cover were clear like the rear cover is, but it's not enough of a burden to be deemed a complaint.

The QRP mount is nice. Returns close to zero when removed and remounted.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I wish the front cover were clear like the rear cover is, but it's not enough of a burden to be deemed a complaint.

The QRP mount is nice. Returns close to zero when removed and remounted.

Wat? Pictures!! The rear cover is see through?

Lol I thought you were all over the place at 50 yards after we took the Night Force off and put your PRO back on? Or was that due to the ammo? That freebie QRP mount is good stuff if it goes back to zero after removal.

Palmetto had another sale on their PRO, I think it was $360 shipped, but out of stock now.

Last edited:

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood

Lol I thought you were all over the place at 50 yards after we took the Night Force off and put your PRO back on? Or was that due to the ammo? That freebie QRP mount is good stuff if it goes back to zero after removal.

I think Palmetto is having their $370 shipped PRO sale again.

LOL!

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I remember seeing the months ago for around $370. Now they seem to be around $415. I hate that I have to pay like $30 in sales taxes to support my LGS. So for the gun shop to make their money the gov makes $30?

Im trying to work a trade on one. I like the idea of a 1-4x. I know a lot of guys use the MTAC but it seems the Aimpoints are more reliable and durable. Perhaps ill go with an 4x ACOG down the road for a 308.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land

Palmetto had another sale on their PRO, I think it was $360 shipped, but out of stock now.

Once I went back to 50, where I originally zeroed it. It was hitting pretty damn close to zero. Guess I just forgot how low to hold at 100, or, because I went from m855 to 55 gr Russian shit with the nightforce, POI changed.

9y5ydyve.jpg

Last edited:

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Im not really into the EOTechs. I really like the idea of a variable optic but I want something incredibly sturdy. Aimpoint seems to be a standard. MTAC is a standard too it seems but in the 3 gun world.

I would avoid anything big in the 3 gun world. Nothing but a bunch of gear queers. Aimpoints are proven combat hard.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I would avoid anything big in the 3 gun world. Nothing but a bunch of gear queers. Aimpoints are proven combat hard.

Thats kind of what I've come to see. Dont get me wrong. They use their gear harder than I do, but Im not into gun games. Im looking for mad max level gear.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Eotechs have seen mucho combat as well. I prefer the eotech reticle. I had an xps on another upper and it was a nice optic. The Aimpoint battery life is the kicker IMO.

Top Bottom