• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • volvosteel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Lake Elsinore
    Ive given up living in CA, I'm a native here and just have had it. anyways, my questions is what Gun Laws Do i get to look forward to when i get to TX, in CA if someone see's you with a gun you go to jail. absolute pitty the laws here.

Im looking forward to actually being able to shoot them more then once a year thats for sure! i always have to go to AZ to actually fire them in the open somewhere.
    Target Sports

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Very good choice on getting out of CA and coming to Texas!

Um, is being able to go outside (only if you have a good amount of land) and doing some shooting whenever you want sound good?

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Somebody more knowledgeable than I can fill you in on the laws, so I'll just throw a big ol' Texas HOWDY out and say welcome to our state. One thing I am certain of.........you can have more ammo in clips and magazines here.

Craig

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Welcome. As for laws... there's a lot. But for starters.

CHL available to just about anyone with a clean record
    Walk into a gun store, buy a gun (long or hand gun) and walk out with it. If you have a CHL, they don't even need to call in a background check.
    NFA items can be owned and shot
    No mag restrictions
    No registration

The only thing we don't currently have is open carry, which the gun community is split on if it's a good thing or not. However there is a group trying to get a state rep to carry the bill.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Ive given up living in CA, I'm a native here and just have had it. anyways, my questions is what Gun Laws Do i get to look forward to when i get to TX, in CA if someone see's you with a gun you go to jail. absolute pitty the laws here.

Im looking forward to actually being able to shoot them more then once a year thats for sure! i always have to go to AZ to actually fire them in the open somewhere.

You can take the shackles off when you get to Texas. Been in San Diego for 12 years on Active Duty Orders. Won't retire here though, looking at Texas or Arizona when it is all said and done.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Open carry is a go in AZ. I really wish they'd do it here, even if they just extended CHL rules to include it.

Though I am not a huge open carry advocate as an individual it may make you a target.

It does however make sense to me if 2 or more people are carrying open in a group (i.e. husband and wife, group of friends).

Training for open carry would be different than conceal carry especially in the area of retention.

Sorry for the off topic response.

Both Texas and Arizona are great states. I recommend the Tx HillCountry; Boerne to Kerrville is nice as is the New Braunfels Area.

Arizona is no slouch either Phoenix Metro Area, Tucson, Prescott Valley, Flagstaff are all great...

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county

Welcome to the great state of Texas, nicest folks you'll ever meet I fled commiefornia years ago,
    Ca gun laws are draconian compared to Texas ,hunting n fishing here is a outdoorsman's dream.Texas is rich with history I love it.

Top Bottom