• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Good afternoon all. After 21 years, 9 months, 16 days (who's counting) I am a Texas resident again. I left Corsicana in March of 1992 to serve my Country as a Submarine Sonarman for 6 years and then I went into the telecommunications sector up in New England.
    Today at 11am, I handed in my Connecticut Drivers License and received the Texas temp one (approx 2 weeks for the "permanent" one to arrive via mail).
    This past weekend I went to the gun show in Waxahachie. What a difference from where I've been living. Very, very different from what I am used to. Night and day.
    And I forgot how darn nice everyone is in The Great State of Texas (the proper name of Texas from what I remember). I heard Merry Christmas from more people in the 6 days before Christmas than I did for the whole Christmas season back up there.
    One thing I don't remember is the amount of garbage on the sides of the road. What happened with "Don't mess with Texas"? Did everyone forget that? Makes me upset that our beautiful State is so inundated with roadside trash.
    At any rate, I currently own a Walther PPQ and a couple of family heirlooms (38 revolver and Stevens 410/22). Wife has her Beretta PX4. We will be getting our CHL as soon as practically possible. As time goes on, I'll be looking to acquire a Remington 870 (with tactical gear) and an AR of some caliber. I never took the time to look into getting nor learning about an AR back up there with all the restrictions they have. But now that I'm back in Texas...:green:

So I'll be seeing you guys... er, y'all around. By the way, can you buy a "Super Combo “Super Combo” License Package (Type 111) with a temp paper TX DL or do I need to wait on the permanent one?
    ARJ Defense ad

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I am a Texas resident again.

Welcome back to the Great State of Texas, and vote Red to keep it that way.

One thing I don't remember is the amount of garbage on the sides of the road. What happened with "Don't mess with Texas"? Did everyone forget that? Makes me upset that our beautiful State is so inundated with roadside trash.

Good bet it wasn't Texans who trashed those roads. Most of the few who purposely do so around here aren't even from the US.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    PG ... thanks for your service.

Welcome back to Texas.

I have a buddy who is a cell tech for Crown Communications.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Welcome back. As far as I know there is no difference between a permanent TX DL and a temporary one and you're going to love how many discounts are offered to veterans in this state as I found out when I moved here in 2001.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Welcome back to the Great State of Texas, and vote Red to keep it that way.

Good bet it wasn't Texans who trashed those roads. Most of the few who purposely do so around here aren't even from the US.

It's a bunch of jealous Californians that come here on vacation that litter the place up.

Top Bottom